• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Path Representation Folders in Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In error I did somethings to my photo library outside of Lightroom. I thought I got everything fixed but there is a folder and a couple of subfolders that show invalid. There is nothing in them that I need, I already have the stuff elsewhere and now I just want to remove/delete the folders. When I right click and try to remove nothing happens. I attempted to rebuild them on my drive and refind them but that does not work.

Any thoughts on how to remove these folders from my catalog? I have seen several discussions about this issue, but I have not seen a solution. Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 6.07.09 AM.png2017-01-13_10-20-14.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After rebuilding the exact path to those folders in LR right click on the top level folder and select Update Folder Location then browse to the top level folder. If that works then you should be able to right click and select Remove. Start with one of the subfolders and work your way up. If all of that works then you can go back into Finder and delete those folders from the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. When I right click on any of the invalid folders I only get these options:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.47.30 PM.png

When I attempt to update this folder location, and find it on the drive I get this message below. Is there a specific way I should rebuild the paths to these folders?

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.45.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went ahead and restored a back up catalog from a couple of days ago. I had not done much editing in the last two days, so it was no major loss. After doing so, that removed these folders. Had I done a lot of editing, updates, etc, it would be nice to know how to fix this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines