Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FindChangeByList error

Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get this when I run the script, what is wrong?

error.pngHi,

What is wrong here?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine in CC2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some serious issue, the script is correct, but I get the error msg, even though I run the sample script which followed as default with Indesign CC 2015.

Something is just not right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mohammed,

It is likely that there is a problem with the FindChangeList.txt file, as I said. My guess is that the version that you have has line end characters that are inappropriate for the platform you're using. Please send me a message directly (my direct email is in my user profile) and I can help you work it out. When you do that, let me know which platform (Mac OS/Windows) you're using.

Thanks,

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohammad Modassir,

First, FindChangeByList.jsx hasn't been updated for a long time (like, since I wrote it in the CS2 time frame). The problem is probably in your FindChangeList.txt file. Is it saved as plain text? Does it follow the format of the existing search examples? Does it use the appropriate line endings on your system (Windows/Mac OS)?

Next, there's no need to use grep for your find/change operation--using a plain text search will work. When I add the line--with tabs replaced with _tab_ inserted for tab characters (to make the forum software happier):

text_tab_{findWhat:"x", appliedFont:"Arial",fontStyle:"Italic"}_tab_{changeTo:"xx", appliedFont:"Arial",fontStyle:"Italic"}_tab_{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}_tab_Find x in Arial Italic and replace with xx in Arial Italic.

It works for me. Take a look at this post (and related posts):

http://indesignsecrets.com/a-major-job-gets-easier-with-grep-and-findchangebylist.php

I don't get to this forum very often, but I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines