• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download problems

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having a problem with ADE recently.  I have used this to download EPUB books from the library for a few years, and suddenly before Christmas it stopped downloading, I am getting error messages, and the book never gets to my computer folder. I have uninstalled the program then reinstalled, different versions (3.0 and 4.0) and still it does not work.

Any one have  solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, exactly. It worked at the end of 2016 and now it doesn't. I've reinstalled Digital Editions and reactivated my password but when I download an Adobe .acsm file from my public library I get a new error message: Adobe1.png

My library suggests contacting Adobe. So far I've only found my way to this forum. I selected "troubleshooting" in the support tree but so far have only found the statement  "phone support not available." I see no chat support. Does Adobe respond to these issues? I'm a bit skeptical about forums as a support mode but I'll check back here occasionally in case the discussion advances.

Wish us luck,

David M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Just wasted 40 minutes waiting for live chat at Adobe.  Finally got a rep who said that they do not have much info on ADE and my best bet was to post the issue on this forum.  I also get an Error! Check Activation message.  I would love to know whether uninstalling everything and starting over with a new Adobe ID has worked for anyone.  That is the only thing I have not tried yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't help. I'm really fed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact problem. Spent over an hour waiting for live Adobe chat just for them to tell me they couldn't help me and to resort to these forums. I check the forums and NOTHING. I'm pissed. I would not recommend buying a product that must run through Adobe again. I am still searching for how to download my eBook for school.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super frustrating for sure, and I don't know of other options to download from library sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading another blog, I uninstalled the current version of ADE 4.5.3. Deleted the Adobe Adept key from my computer (google "Adobe digital edition woe" for instructions on how to do that). Downloaded ADE version 4.0. De-authorized my computer. Rebooted my computer. Downloaded a new book from the library and, upon trying to open it, re-authorized my computer.  Much to my amazement, it worked (be patient, it took the book an unusually long time to download and open).  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. This worked for me. I have windows 8 . Cross fingers it keeps working.Thanks for your help. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that was short lived, it no longer works and this fix doesn't work any more either.  I try to download a library book and it either freezes up ADE or it just doesn't install to ADE, the library is blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines