• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tag Editing Background Color?

Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing and your cursor is in a tag - there is a funky "pea green" color for the background and white text - this is extremely difficult to read and I need it changed, but I am unable to find where to do that?

Please advise!

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 8.48.46 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

And I am having a ball, adding and modifying themes. Just have a look at what I have so far.

How do I get the themes? By going to the likes of Brackets Themes and copying the contents of the CSS file. I then go back to the Dreamweaver Preferences panel Click the button, give the theme a name, hit the edit button and replace the current content with my clipboard content. Presto, new theme! BTW, the Visual Studio theme is horrible.

Should this be automatic for Dreamweaver? Certainly not! There are

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how you fix it...

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Interface
2. Click Light
3. Hit the + button under the Theme box
4. Give your modified theme a name
5. Click Create
6. Make sure your new theme is highlighted
7. Hit Apply
8. Now with the new one highlighted, hit the pencil icon
9. Scroll down to the .CodeMirror-focused .CodeMirror-selected selector
10. Change the background to a setting you like, something like #EBE7B3 (muted yellow) works
11. Save
12. highlight something and see if you like it, if so, you're done, if not, play around until you do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woops, that selector is for the text-selection highlight color, you actually have to add a selector to the base theme to change the color of selected tags (when you single click the tag and it highlights).

Add this to the end of your new theme file...

.CodeMirror-matchingbracket, .CodeMirror-matchingtag {

background-color:#EBE7B3;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF: Why am I having to write code for Adobe screw-up? Seriously - this is bill$hit - it's like going and buying a new car but having to learn to be a mechanic and rebuild the engine before I can drive it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My sentiments exactly.

The green and white text is a carp combination, I am by no means color blind but it's almost impossible to code well with this scheme.

Why it is so fiddly to change is beyond me, black mark Adobe. Not good enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code color choices are very subjective.  One person's trash is another person's treasure. 

I can't understand what's so difficult about adding a CSS class to your custom LESS file?  Honestly, this is a piece of cake for anyone who works with CSS code.  

/* Custom code colors or overrides should start after this line */

.CodeMirror-matchingtag {

background-color: navy;

color: white !important;

}

If you can't edit CSS code, then DW is not the right tool for you.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beg to differ Nancy,

Code color choices are very subjective. 

Indeed they are but the bulk of users would recognise a poor choice, pale green with white is not the best contrast to use.

If you can't edit CSS code, then DW is not the right tool for you.

I CAN edit CSS perfectly well. I just do NOT see why I should have to go through such a convoluted process to make a simple change.

I am not as I mentioned color blind but anyone who is, would have the same issue as me.

This is NOT at all user friendly. I have better things to do than post questions about things that should be easier to find through the interface or help options..

McP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am having a ball, adding and modifying themes. Just have a look at what I have so far.

How do I get the themes? By going to the likes of Brackets Themes and copying the contents of the CSS file. I then go back to the Dreamweaver Preferences panel Click the button, give the theme a name, hit the edit button and replace the current content with my clipboard content. Presto, new theme! BTW, the Visual Studio theme is horrible.

Should this be automatic for Dreamweaver? Certainly not! There are so many themes from so many sources, that I think that it would stymie creativity if we were stuck with just those themes as dictated by Adobe.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben, will check that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not interested in editing my editing program just so I can edit?

I make NO money wasting my time trying to fix Adobe's BS colors!

Ben, I' happy that your life is so simple that you have time playing with colors in DW...good for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

csgaraglino wrote:

I'm not interested in editing my editing program just so I can edit?

I make NO money wasting my time trying to fix Adobe's BS colors!

Ben, I' happy that your life is so simple that you have time playing with colors in DW...good for you!

To be honest I'm not sure how developers can use any theme coloring as is. There is always some coloring in the theme which you are bound to dislike. Being able to overwrite this with a simple tweak of a css color style or two seems logical to me. Rather than bolting you down to a color theme which someone else is suggesting you use, you can create your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever I install a new CC app, I spend about 1/2 an hour customizing my workspaces, panels, toolbars, and other settings to my liking.  Code colors are part of it.   The choice is yours to fine tune or not. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines