• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EndNote citations in MS Word doc turn to code when placed into InDesign

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X v10.11.6, Word v15.27, InDesign CC 2015.4, EndNote X7.7.1 Although most citations in the Word document survive the placing of the Word document into the InDesign document, an occasional citation will appear as a string of code, e.g.

X.</author><author>Roppolo, J. R.</author><author>de Groat, W. C.</author><author>Tai, C.</author></authors></contributors><titles><title>Mechanism of nerve conduction block induced by high-frequency biphasic electrical currents</title><secondary-title>IEEE Trans Biomed Eng</secondary-title></titles><periodical><full-title>IEEE Trans Biomed Eng</full-title></periodical><pages>2445-54</pages><volume>53</volume><dates><year>2006</year></dates><urls></urls></record></Cite></EndNote>

rather than formatted as a superscript as specified by EndNote in the Word document.  All other 72 citations remain intact. No discernible difference in the EndNote content for the errant citation. Ideas? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

I'm surmising that the string of code is coming out of the EndNote program. I'd suggest starting with them to see if they have any ideas:

Support | EndNote | Clarivate Analytics

If they give you an answer, it would be awesome if you could come back and update your post to let others know who encounter the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surmising that the string of code is coming out of the EndNote program. I'd suggest starting with them to see if they have any ideas:

Support | EndNote | Clarivate Analytics

If they give you an answer, it would be awesome if you could come back and update your post to let others know who encounter the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try to save as Word DOC instead as saving as DOCX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines