Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit to Publish Online Video Content?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I have just stated creating an interactive PDF and want to publish online. My document has 11 planned demonstration videos to include. However in testing so far when I add more than 3 videos - the publish online feature hangs on 95-96% complete, and then I receive an error. When I eliminate videos, and bring the document back to just 3 videos (4-5 minutes in length, MP4 format) the document manages to publish online just fine and provides me with the URL so I can take a look at the progress so far.

Is there a limit to the amount of space Adobe provides for Publish Online in my "Adobe Cloud" storage? Is the limit in InDesign Publish Online capabilities?

If I need to purchase more space for handling larger interactive PDF's I need to know how to do that.

Let me know anything you have discovered or know about this issue.

-shellanderarts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

If I can make a suggestion, why not divide your document into 11 shorter documents with a link for the next one embedded in each. You'll have to work backwards to get the links in properly, but I think the shorter documents will play better.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online is not PDF. Please specify exactly what it is you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob

to clarify

I have an InDesign document which could either be an interactive PDF when published, but I am trying out Publish Online. It seems limited to only allowing 3,  4-5 minute videos in MP4 format. Any more that are added - receives and error when trying to publish online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob -

The error I received is in the screenshot attached.Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 5.47.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the combined size of the videos? Have you tried publishing without them and then adding them one at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes -

I took them all out, and put one in at a time, publishing each time successfully. It seems that any more than 3 videos, we receive the error. The total size for the 3 videos is 97.6 MB. Perhaps there is a 100 MB limit?

For this learning tool, we have decided to create separate documents for each learning module, rather than one complete interactive magazine. I will then have separated the sections, and might not run into this error.

Still it would be interesting to know if there is a limit for future projects.

Thanks,

Shelley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ve seen way larger than that. Try it again, but one video at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, there are limits to Publish Online capabilities. The engineers have told us to avoid video which is either too long or too "heavy" because you may run into the limits you've observed. I don't have the link to which of the dozens of theads we've had on Publish Online, but I remember them saying that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it in the Publish Online FAQ:

Publish Online FAQ

Is there a size limit to documents that can be published using Publish Online?

Usually the files which are hosted for Publish Online are not very large, unless you embed large videos in the document being published. We currently do not impose any limit to the size of the document that you can publish using Publish Online, so keep them coming. But if you want an optimum reading experience of the Publish Online Documents we recommend that you encode your videos to mp4 files and keep them fairly small in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay -

Thank you for that info. It doesn't tell me how big or what the maximum is... but it is helpful.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that link Steve. Although from reading the FAQ's, it seems as if Adobe servers are allowing unlimited size documents with Publish Online - I still hit a snag when I added more than 3 videos within my instructional document.

It may be that ONE of the videos is causing the problem, and the only way to test that is to add one back in at a time. But that could be a result of an error within that particular video, or if we have reached a tipping point to where no further videos are allowed, or perhaps that particular video was too long.

All videos I am using are MP4 format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I can make a suggestion, why not divide your document into 11 shorter documents with a link for the next one embedded in each. You'll have to work backwards to get the links in properly, but I think the shorter documents will play better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee -

That is a great idea. Separating it into separate learning modules could work too I think.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines