• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help - AE CC composition preview is not working (bugged?)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I'm not sure how to call this problem, I tried to find answers on google, but I haven't come across any forum that had the same problem as I do. I'm having several problems with my adobe CC, but most of the problems are showing in my After Effects, which is why I'm posting it here.

I recently bought a new laptop, and installed adobe CC on it, which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, After effects and premiere.

Everything seems to work fine with the first start up, nothing crashes, no issues or anything that seems to look odd.

The problem I have: my composition preview doesn't work anymore. The whole area is either white, or showing previous sessions over it. I can still do everything, make new layers, place a text, but I cant actually see what I'm doing.. I hope the picture below will give you a better idea of what this problem looks like.

This problem appears after closing the program from its first start up, restarting my laptop and trying to open a new project when another was still opened.

Capture_02.PNGCapture_01.PNG

When I close it, the program continuous to run somewhere in the background, the only way for me to actually shut it down is through task manager.

I've tried to downgrade to older versions of after effects, same problem

I've also tried to downgrade my video card drivers in case that might have caused the problem, wasn't the case either.

Also tried to totally remove CC, run CCleaner to find any issues, fix them and reinstal everything again. It seemed to have worked, untill I restarted my laptop.

These where the issues found by CCleaner, and the issues I keep getting:

Capture_04.PNG

So far, the only fix that I've come across with, is removing After Effects from my CC, delete all user preferences and reinstalling it again, and just... Don't close it until I finish what I had to do. Now I don't really see this as a fix, more of a temporary solution because I do need projects to finish in the meantime and I don't really look forward to delete and reinstal after effects several times a day..

Incase this helps identifying the problem, here's how other programs act:

Photoshop, seems to work fine, haven't come across any problems yet. Illustrator, I cant open more than one file at once or it crahses. Indesign, jhavent worked in that yet. And premiere, seems to work just fine as well.

The laptop I have: (only 2 weeks old by now)

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/561225/msi-gl62-6qf-632nl/specificaties/

Running on windows 10

Video card: Nvidia GTX960M

All presets of After effects are the standard, since I have to continuously reset it.

I hope that I've provided of enough information, I honestly don't know how to call this specific problem. If there's some information missing that is needed, please ask. I'm not really a computer nerd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to empty memory and disk cache?

You can do it from the preference panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried, sadly that didn't make any difference either 😕

I've also tried to remove all user preferences without needing to delete the whole program all the time by holding Shift + Alt + Ctrl while starting up, but nothing happens either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds really frustrating. Have you tried ticking (or unticking, if it's already ticked) the preference to use hardware to accelerate panels option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Szalam,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by ticking, could it be the reserved ram that you mean?

Capture_05.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under preferences->display see if you can check off "hardware acceleration"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did seem to work for a moment >_< Even after restarting the laptop the preview worked, but after opening After Effects just one more time to make sure it remained working, it broke again somehow..

In the meantime my CCleaner had found some more issues:

Capture_06.PNG

Seeing the issues, I get the feeling it has to do something with the path or such? Something goes wrong when I restart my laptop.. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really odd. Perhaps uninstalling, running Adobe's CC Cleaner (a different thing than CC Cleaner), and then reinstalling would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JenniferP,

Have you solved this issue yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a similar problem and I still did not get the solution.

Mu discussion - Re: No preview in the composition window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines