• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC message "no photos match filter"

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently have an issue with my 2016 catalog. I am running Lightroom CC on my MacBook Pro. Here are a few pieces of information to provide my current situation:

1.  Last week my 2016 catalog worked fine and was able to see all photos.

2.  Yesterday my 2016 catalog can only see one of my many folders.

3.  When I choose any of the other folders the message "no photos match this filter" message.

4.  All the photos are still in the proper locations and can be seen as the gray-out file if you want to try import. I mention this only so that I confirmed that Lightroom does see the photos.

5.  My Lightroom catalogs are set up by year.

6.  All other catalogs are working fine with no issues.

7.  I did go through all the filter selections to be sure all of them were turned off.

8.  I was in the process of finishing some client photos from late 2016 and now I have this issue which is not allowing me to get access to the folders I need.

I would greatly appreciate any prompt feedback. As a photographer, I have certain time which I can work in Lightroom when I am not shooting. So this is a very critical issue that I need some help on. I noticed that Adobe does not have support service on the weekends.

Kind Regards,

Noah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

In the Tool Bar, bottom right you have Custom Filter enabled. Turn it OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Filters using Ctrl-L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response dj_paige....however after confirming there are no filters...there is still no photos to be viewed...I still get the same message.

Noah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated above you have a Filter set that doesn't show all your images. Turn off that filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Just Shoot Me....however there are no filters tagged...ALL filters are off. The strange thing is that all my other catalogs are working fine with the filters off.

Noah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a collection?

Please post a screen shot of the LR program showing the full interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 10.07.08 AM.png

As requested...here is a screen shot

Noah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us the FIlter Bar in your screen capture so we can see if there are no filters turned on.

Also, select Show Photos in Subfolders from the dropdown menu when you click on the + to the right of Folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change custom filter to filters off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Tool Bar, bottom right you have Custom Filter enabled. Turn it OFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...here is the latest....

Thanks Just Shoot Me and 99jon for your support. I did turn the filters to off as mentioned and all the photos were visible again...that is a relief for sure....however...I went back to the filter bar and made sure the red filter was on.  I use my red filter for my Boudoir photos just in case someone is overlooking at my computer screen. Just protecting my clients that do not want their pictures seen by others. Once the red filter was enabled...all of the other photos seem visible again.  So obviously I am glad about that....however...since the filters are still set as they were originally, I am not sure what was going on with Lightroom's message. I did notice that last week I started getting some type of message that comes up during the back up function. The message talks about a 4 GB limit which I will have to pay close attention to next time this comes up.  Below is the screen shot with my Custom Filter working again.Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 10.20.44 AM.png

Thanks a million to those responding so quickly.

Kind Regards,

Noah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That 4GB message is a glitch in either LR or Mac OS X. You can ignore it and just put a check mark in the don't show this again box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I just open lightroom and couldn't see my pictures. this solved it and saved some extreme stress. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines