• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non "certified" GPU cards with Premiere cc 2017

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've read so many different and contradictory things on this forum in the past few weeks regarding the use of non-certified graphic cards with the latest version of Premiere. From what I understood, adobe is no longer testing the latest NVIDIA GeForce cards, but with a minimum of 1GB of vram and the correct settings in Premiere, it is said that the GPU acceleration should work. Yet I have seen that it caused many problems to a lot of people, especially with the 2017 update of Premiere.

I am looking to buy a PC (to work mainly with Premiere 2017) and by now I have pretty much all of the configuration figured out, except for the GPU. I don't have a large budget but I'm also not a professionnal (yet), so I was thinking of something in the GeForce 900 serie. I can't really afford a Quadro, and I don't see the point of purchasing an older and less powerful GeForce just because it is on the GPU certified list, if, indeed, a non certified card could work...

I would therefore like to know the level of risk I would take by purchasing a non certified card and if there is any better option...

and maybe having some reviews from current Premiere 2017 users with a recent GTX card.

So many thanks!

-a desesperate self-taught beginner.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget the GTX 900 series they are obsolete, go with the GTX 10 series I love my overclocked GTX 1060 SC like the EVGA 06G-P4-6163-KR and even with my 8-core i7-5960X at 4.5 GHz and the right driver it does a wonderful job for a reasonable price.  Here is the Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM). on my system

GTX 1060-960 Pro.png\

If you want slightly more GPU acceleration here are the results with a pair of overclocked GTX 1060's

GTX 1060x2-960 Pro.png

Notice the H.264 timeline improvement and the lower divisor for the for the MPE gain.  Forget the +/-1 change in thr other scores as Microsoft's clock is on 1 second resolution on the file time stamps

I wish I could get my hands on a GTX 1070 or 1080 to see how they compare to that 10 second time of the two overclocked GTX1060

This was using Windows 10 and CC2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

At first I was thinking of getting the GTX 1070, but I have been told it could cause a lot more of trouble because it is recent.

You didn't experience any problems of compability or bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of finding the right nVidia drivers, no.  You have to understand I am an experimenter with the capability of running three different versions of Operating Systems and everything from Premiere CS6 up to 11.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ANY card, be it ATI or NVidia, can cause problems if the vendor supplied driver is bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines