• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound on ProRes 4.2.2 in AE CC 2017

Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import my files into AE I wont hear any sound. Premiere Pro CC 2017 plays it without any trouble.

It is 4k footage recorded from GH4 externally in 10bit to my Atomos Ninja Assassine in 4K ProRes 4.2.2. The Atomos records sound in 5.1 dolby surround.

What can I do?

Best,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

It's the surround sound.  AE doesn't know how to deal with it.

I recommend exporting a simple audio file of your clip, make it stereo if you want to get fancy, and just use it as a scratch track for the video in AE.  Needless to say, you'll render video-only.  But it's easy to sync up in any old NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, for some reason you need to hear the audio in AE, Use Adobe Media Encoder to make a stereo WAV file out of your 5.1 mix and use that in AE instead.

AE is not great with audio. I usually don't do anything with audio in AE, render my video out, and then marry it up with audio in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the surround sound.  AE doesn't know how to deal with it.

I recommend exporting a simple audio file of your clip, make it stereo if you want to get fancy, and just use it as a scratch track for the video in AE.  Needless to say, you'll render video-only.  But it's easy to sync up in any old NLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines