Exit

presenter 11 add-in doesn't appears in Powerpoint

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Presenter 11 (trial)

I uninstalled Presenter 10 before installing Presenter 11

But, I don't see the Presenter Add-in in Powerpoint. 

I tried all the thing that I know : In Powerpoint, options, add-in.... etc... And the Addi-in is not there.  So I can't activate it.

I also try that https://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/kb/presenter-not-loading.html

At step6, I get the error... "MenuLauncher.dll is not a valid Office Add-in"

On step 8, I can't find that location

"Go to the location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > 15.0 > ClickToRun > REGISTRY > MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Office > PowerPoint >AddIns >AdobePresenter.COMAddin."

I can find the location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > 14.0     (but what is " > ClickToRun" ???)

And I can find the location

> REGISTRY > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Office > PowerPoint >AddIns (but ">AdobePresenter.COMAddin" is not there !!!)

I'm on Win7, Office 2010

What can I do ??

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this.

Kindly If you can provide your mail id so that I can guide you through the steps to get the Addin.

Thanks,

Soumodipto Chatterjee

Presenter Engineering Team

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wrote you a email.

For now, I uninstall Presenter 11 trial and re-install Presenter 10.  it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. My email haitham.ht@gmail.com. Could you show me how to solve this? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm having the same problem with Presenter 11 and Office 365.   Please email peter.jones@ibx.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up having to have the IT department to uninstall and reinstall Office in order to get it back. I attempted the Presenter uninstall and reinstall but that did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having the same problem.  I uninstalled 11 and installed 10 and have the same issue.  Would you be able to help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Firstly I would like to inform you that we have not certified Presenter 10 and 11 with Office 2016. However, there are no such major issues reported yet.

However, you should not face any issues with the installation of Presenter 10 or 11. You should be able to see Presenter add in in PowerPoint.

I would request you to please initiate a chat with Adobe support to get your issue fixed. Please click on the below link to initiate the chat with Adobe support:

Contact Customer Care

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I even contacted Adobe Support.  Twice, Adobe Chat Support people would not help me because they indicated that Office/PowerPoint 2016 and Presenter 11 were not tested.  After that, they did not help me. Moreover, the Bomgar software that is used by Adobe Chat to connect to my computer kept losing the connection.   I would greatly appreciate your help because I am beginning to lose faith in Adobe Support.  My email is jhodges@uga.edu.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johnna,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I will have someone contact you and fix the issue for you.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the offer of help, but no one from Adobe has reached out to me.  Again, I am disappointed with Adobe's support.  I expected better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnnah,

If you need to contact Adobe Support, you will get the best response by reaching out to them. You can make contact with them here: Contact Customer Care

This is a user community forum, and Adobe staff is only here on their time. So, while we do have some great people here from Adobe who help out from time to time, this is not the best way to get in contact with the support staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have twice each - phone and chat.  I mentioned that in my original post.  This is why Mayank indicated he would have someone reach out to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My email is [personal info  removed by forum mod]

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help me out with the same issue.

(Email removed for safety reasons. A scam artist could contact you. Questions will be answered in the forums)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue after Presenter 11 crashed and attempted the fix above and it did not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled and its not showing still. What do I need to do?

7-29-2016 2-19-19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same message when installing Presenter 10 with Office 2016:

"MenuLauncher.dll is not a valid Office Add-in"

It appears that Presenter has placed the add-in in an older registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > PowerPoint >AddIns >AdobePresenter.COMAddin

Rather than the expect location for Office 2016:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft >Office > 16.0 > ClickToRun > REGISTRY > MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Office > PowerPoint >AddIns >AdobePresenter.COMAddin

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Office > PowerPoint >AddIns

I'm using Presenter 10 (64-bit) with 365 Office 2016 (32-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit). I'm not sure if this is an issue.

Can you please send me the registry updates: [personal info deleted by mod, forum policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the problem appears to be that when Presenter 10 is installed it chooses to install the 32-bit or 64-bit version. The installer loaded the 64-bit version, whereas the 32-bit version is required for PowerPoint 2016 32-bit.

Once Support installed the 32-bit version, the problem was solved and the add-in was loaded to the correct location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Office > PowerPoint >AddIns

Thanks to the Support team for their help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am encountering problems as mentioned above.  Office 16, Presenter 11, Windows 10.  The registry hack did not work for me.  Are you suggesting we roll back to Office 2013????  One would expect when Adobe releases a product it has been tested to work in conjunction with the intended program.  This has created great problems for myself and my client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources