Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two licenses for Adobe PSE & PE 13 trapped after computer crashed

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE PSE & PREMIERE ELEMENTS 13—ACTIVATE & DEACTIVATE

Q—        My new ASUS computer, Win 10 OS, 4 hard drives, very fast, tons of storage, had to go through a “clean install” of Win 10 (corrupted).  I am now having to reinstall all apps, including  Adobe PSE 13 and Adobe PE 13.  With both apps reinstalled, I followed Adobe instructions to launch PE 13 and go to Help, Activate or Deactivate.  That option is not available.  Since these two apps are already activated on our two computers, I realized that Adobe was not recognizing my desktop computer that had crashed.  (See Screen Print #1)

I went online to my Adobe account and navigated to a help page to deactivate one of the two licenses, but a message appeared;

“Have you lost access to your previous computer?

If you cannot access the previous computer on which you installed the app—whether it was stolen, was lost, crashed, or locked—you need to contact us by chat or phone. To ensure a quick resolution, be sure to have any purchase-related information ready.”  (See Screen Print #2)

I judge by the “contact us”  that Adobe must assist me from this point.  There is no option on the “contact us”  page when I click on it  except FORUM.    TELEPHONE option has a red line through it.  Thank you for any suggestions to resolve this situation.      Sandgrass

Screen Print #1

Screen Print #2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In newer versions of Premiere Elements, you need only sign out (select the option under the Help menu) to deactivate the program's installation.

If you can't access an old installation in order to sign out, contact Adobe Customer Care via Chat.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve--Win 10 crashed and had to be reinstalled.  My computer tech researched his special websites and discovered that PSE 13 and PRE 13 are not compatible with Win 10 Pro.    Below is the message that we received after trying all the fixes.  Any more ideas?

Sorry for the delay in responding to your kind reply.  It has taken a while for me to work through the backlog of all the postponed  duties and projects because of the computer problems.  Thanks for any suggestion that you have.        Sandgrass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what's going on, but I know of no reason Premiere Elements 13 would not run on Windows 10 Pro. It runs fine on mine.

How strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines