• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a stamp visible layers shortcut in the keyboard shortcut menu

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CMD+OPT+SHIFT+E shortcut keystroke combo - is this accessible in the Keyboard Shortcut Menu? I cannot locate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Hey Doug—scroll up and look at the earlier screen shots. Trevor showed a screenshot for the Merge Visible shortcut (Cmd Sh E) in the Shortcuts window. Then I showed it changed to F5.

Back in the Layers panel, from either starting point, add Opt to the defined Merge Visible shortcut (Opt Cmd Sh E or Opt F5) and you get Stamp Visible Layers.

I pressed Opt F5 for my last screen shot of the Layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message

A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2017. I thought I was in the Photoshop forum, sorry for the ovesight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Cloud forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so.  Was there a reason you want to locate it?  If it is not working, try selecting the Essentials workspace, and resetting the Essentials workspace.  That workspace is hard wired, and will restore default shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to add a separate shortcut key stroke to simplify it, e.g. F5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can record it (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E /Cmd+Opt+Shift +E)  as an action and assign a Fn key to that action

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm wrote:

You can record it (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E /Cmd+Opt+Shift +E) as an action and assign a Fn key to that action

Dave

And for the very few people who have not heard me say it before, get a Gaming keyboard, and assign it as a keystroke macro on one of the G-keys.  There are only nine on the G910, but they have three banks.  I actually don't use G5 because I hit it by accident when going for Ctrl, so I waste it by having it set as Ctrl.   Plus the back lighting is really bright and you can see the keys in the dark.

It did bite me on the bum a week or so back.  My Windows key stopped working, and I spent days (and several of them) trying all sorts of fixes, because it is a known bug with Windows 10.  I finally got to wonder if it was related to the keyboard, and discovered that there is a key that toggles off the Windows keys, because it causes problems for gamers.  Bless their little socks. One press of said key and back to normal  (Normal being my being daft as a brush for not working it out sooner)

Gaming keyboards and mice are fantastic accessories for Photoshop though.  At one time I actually set up some of the keys with often used URLs for this forum.  They are context sensitive, and you can have different settings for Photoshop and Firefox.  I drifted out of doing this though (I didn't set it up again after installing Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly how I handle it, (action), but was looking to see if there was a native solution from within the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if the F key is considered less than ideal, then one can script the action and apply any keycut to the script:

Prepression: Photoshop – Scripting Actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add a separate shortcut key stroke to simplify it, e.g. F5.

Well, you can remap Layer > Merge Visible to F5. Then add Opt to the Merge Visible shortcut to get Stamp Visible Layers.

Opt F5 is still way quicker that Cmd Opt Sh F5.

Photoshop CCss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, unless I am missing something, that's not the same as adding a copy merged layer to the top of the stack, as with Shift Alt Ctrl e.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me? Stamping duplicates the visible layers to the top of the layers panel and merges them into a single layer, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have to run but I thought the question was on simplifying the Cmd Opt Sh E shortcut. Keeping in mind that adding Opt to the Merge Visible shortcut gives us Stamp Visible Layers:

Left: All layers visible; Center: F5=Merge Visible; Opt + F5 Stamp Visible Layers

Photoshop CCss_008.pngPhotoshop CCss_006.pngPhotoshop CCss_007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

From your understanding and explanation you are spot on, however; I don't see the option in the applications shortcut keystroke menu of "stamp" to assign a keystroke to it. Now I have to ask the question, "am I missing something?" 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Doug—scroll up and look at the earlier screen shots. Trevor showed a screenshot for the Merge Visible shortcut (Cmd Sh E) in the Shortcuts window. Then I showed it changed to F5.

Back in the Layers panel, from either starting point, add Opt to the defined Merge Visible shortcut (Opt Cmd Sh E or Opt F5) and you get Stamp Visible Layers.

I pressed Opt F5 for my last screen shot of the Layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,
That is quite clever, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Perseverance pays off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had not realised that "Stamp Visible Layers" or "Merge a Copy of Visible Layers" was missing from the Custom KBSC until just now when a friend asked me: "How did you do that?".

I have been using Cmd Opt Shift E for probably 25 years and my KBSCs have always just updated themselves so I never gave a thought to it.

1. It was a very foolish mistake to omit Stamp Visible Layers and/or Merge a Copy of Visible Layers from the Layers Menu and from the Custom KBSCs because it seems that many Users (even highly experienced ones like my friend!) have no idea that such a valuable command even exists although it is one which I use multiple times every day.

2. Stamp Visible Layers was really a very poor choice of name for a Merging operation and I wonder if many people have the slightest idea what it means?

A more descriptive name might be: "Merge Visible Layers to New Layer"?

(Personally, I always think, and refer to it, simply as "Merge Up" which would be shorter in the Menus.)

3. The Help Menu is absolutely useless in this regard if you search for "Merge"; while a search for "Stamp" talks about Date-stamping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines