• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 5D Mark IV, Lightroom CC (2015.6) & Camera Raw 9.6

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC (2015.6) fails to import .CR2 images from my Canon 5D Mark IV. When going through the import process I see "Preview unavailable for this file" while beginning the import process.

After hitting the Import button, another dialog says, "The files cannot be opened by Lightroom."

I am able to open (and view) the files in Bridge and in Camera Raw.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera requires Lightroom CC 2015.7 as a minimum. The current update is Lightroom CC 2015.8. I would suggest that you install the latest. You might find some valuable information in this article abou dual pixel support:

Working with Canon Dual Pixel raw CR2 files in Camera Raw and Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that quick response. As a Desktop Apps subscriber (US Gov't Licensee) there doesn't appear to be a way to do this - I'm not sure why. The App (and the Adobe Creative Cloud app) aren't saying there are updates available. Next steps for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Turns out I had to download a new package from the Licensing Web Site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem as you, how do I fix it? Can you give me any suggestions? Where he downloaded the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello!! I'm having this exact problem too!! very painful as i am googling everywhere and still can't seem to find a resolution, i have CC installed, and new versions of PS and Lightroom and RAW and stilll not importing to lightroom, would be amazing if you could help me out with some advice!!! Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest stand alone version of Lightroom and am also looking for a way to use the RAW files from my 5D iv. Could someone who found the appropriate update, please post the link. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you running?

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info and look at the first line in the white box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 6.0 standalone version. Purchased on a CD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to 6.12 released in the last 24 hours.

Download from Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click > Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 to reveal the download links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be carrefull ! 

With Dual Pixel activated : you need first use CANON DPP and export your work in TIFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines