• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text fly/"type"-in animation inconsistent after changing copy

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings adobe community i am a total AE neophyte and did some speaker name/title text animations following this video step by step Animate a logo for video

the one with the original text is great. the characters appear like they are being typed in just as i want. I duplicated the original composition for the other two speakers

I duplicated the original composition for the other two speakers and it works fine when i preview it unaltered, but after i edit the text i can see each letter as it flies in from the right.

very low res demo here: allStackedHelpForum - YouTube

advance thanks for any insight. 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

I examined your animation.

seems like it's a stroke of luck you actually made it work the first time. you have a preset that flies the letters from one side to the other and depending on how fast and how many letters are there, you can or cannot see the letters fly by.

since your intention is to just let the letters appear one at a time, I suggest you remove the text animator (delete animator 1) and instead go to the effects & presets panel and type "typewriter". this is a useful text animation pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to change the position or opacity keyframes for the beginning of each letter's fly in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you peru bob. i'm not sure how to do that manually since the animation feature flies them in automatically. it's just really strange how one works fine, but not the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the first looks like a simple typewriter preset animation and the 2 others look like fly in - a different type of animation. you can send us a link through any cloud service of the project file and we can examine what's going on.

maybe you should study more about how text animators work so you won't be surprised later on.

here are the resource files: Animating text in After Effects

here's 2 tutorials from respected authors about it:

The Text Animation Tool - Adobe After Effects tutorial - YouTube

Text Animators in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi roei,

thank you. i uploaded the AE file to my CC account -- well, at least i think i did. the icon looks a bit generic but i'm new to CC assets so maybe the AE icon doesn't generate.

here ist he public link Adobe Creative Cloud

i did not include any of the assets (unless they rode along by default) since this involves only the test layer which was created natively in AE. Let me know if you need assets as well.

thank you again for the learning resource links and also for offering to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I examined your animation.

seems like it's a stroke of luck you actually made it work the first time. you have a preset that flies the letters from one side to the other and depending on how fast and how many letters are there, you can or cannot see the letters fly by.

since your intention is to just let the letters appear one at a time, I suggest you remove the text animator (delete animator 1) and instead go to the effects & presets panel and type "typewriter". this is a useful text animation preset that is suited for this.  click on it twice to apply it while your text layer is highlighted and it will create the settings and keyframes for you. it will work for you every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so, so much. it worked like a charm and i'll be testing out some of the other presets. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines