• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter by Keyword in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can filter photos by keyword in lightroom and see all photos (regardless of folder or project) associated with a particular keyword?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Here are two ideas-  (there are more!)

1. open the [Keyword List] panel and click on the white arrow at the end of a keyword. (you may need to expand hierarchy 'folders')

And you can type in the Keyword search field to narrow the keyword list to specific keywords.

ScreenShot053.jpg

2. Select "All Photographs" in the Catalog Panel (under Navigator)

Click on the "Metadata" filter and set one of the columns to "Keyword". (any other columns may need to be set to "All (... )" ), Click on a keyword for photos using that ke

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two ideas-  (there are more!)

1. open the [Keyword List] panel and click on the white arrow at the end of a keyword. (you may need to expand hierarchy 'folders')

And you can type in the Keyword search field to narrow the keyword list to specific keywords.

ScreenShot053.jpg

2. Select "All Photographs" in the Catalog Panel (under Navigator)

Click on the "Metadata" filter and set one of the columns to "Keyword". (any other columns may need to be set to "All (... )" ), Click on a keyword for photos using that keyword. Hold down CTRL to select multiple keywords (eg. show both Celica AND Lotus)

ScreenShot054.jpg

or-

3. Use the Filter Bar "Text"

ScreenShot055.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to thank you for showing that you can put keywords into other keywords. This helps me have brevity in my filtering process!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think wobertc missed the most obvious. You'll find it at the top of the Keyword List panel that already been described.

filter 1.png

This filter field allows you to enter specific keywords. As you begin typing the keyword list will expand to show matches. That being said, partial words tend to result in irrelevant matches as the filter initially works on letter sequence, which can be anywhere in a word. The little triangle to the right of the magnifier allows you to tweak the filter behaviour a bit. You'll get used to how it works over time, but initially I would just type the full keyword.

Also, worth noting that if you use Face Tagging the filter can narrowed further by choosing to include or exclude auto tag faces (i.e. People)

filter 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian for expanding on the not 'obvious' in my post-

type in the Keyword search field to narrow the keyword list to specific keywords

The full description appreciated.

And there is also Smart Collections that can automatically show filtered photos for keywords.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for these! I tried a combination of them, and they're working great. It's now a breeze to filter photos by keywords. Thanks a bunch for your assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines