Copied

Hi there!

I will be as precise as possible, here it goes:

System specs:

Windows 10 1607

16GB RAM

GTX960 4GB

Issue:

Adobe Creative Cloud fails to install/run. There is no error code, the message reads (freely translated from German):

"To resolve the problem, Adobe Creative Cloud is required, but it is missing or broken. Downlaoad and install a new copy her: (Adobe CC download link)"

When I do that, the installation starts, but aborts with the same message. It's a bit of a feedback loop.

Chain of events:

Windows 10 Build 1607 had to rollback to a previous working configuration. I could not pin-point what caused this. The rollback was successful, but of course all application needed reinstalling. This wasn't a problem except for the ACC app (CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe).

After encountering the issue above, I tried to uninstall the ACC in Windows Programs and Features, but the uninstall didn't start (no error messages).

(During all the following I was logged in with my Adobe account whenever on Adboe pages and had my anti-virus/firewall shut off.)

So, I went ahead and used the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (from Adobe Help), setting 1 for All. The tool concluded successfully.

After a restart I tried the ACC installer again, with the same issue.

Browsing Adobe Help further, I tried the other Creative Cloud Uninstaller tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

This uninstaller finishes "successful with errors" (no codes).

After a restart I tried the ACC installer again, with the same issue.

Getting a bit more aggressive, I used my trusted tool REVOuninstaller, which forces an uninstall, also checking registry and other related files for deletion. In addition I manually deleted all Adobe folders from the user directory (local, roaming) and programs folders.

After a restart I tried the ACC installer again, it runs through to 99% then aborts with the same issue.

Going back to Adobe Help, I downloaded the Photoshop CC desktop app directly with Adobe Account login credentials used during installation:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

The installation aborted with an error, two .DLL files were missing. After googling that, I reinstalled Visual C++ 2015 and the installation completed, But with yet another error: Photoshop required the Adobe Application Manager, which was missing or damaged.

Back to these forums, I solved this by following the steps in this post:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8697324#8697324

(note: In step 2, I was unable to delete the folder and renamed it, but deletion was still only possible after a PC restart.)

Photoshop is working now, so is Illustrator after downloading it drectly as well, but the ACC app error persists. I could somehow live with this, since I can use PS and AI, but I also need InDesign, which is not available for standalone download. And to be honest, what's the point in having the entire creative cloud, if one can't use it...

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

edit: fixed typos, then gave up 😛

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me but on a Mac. I think it is on Adobe's side.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's hard to believe two people could go through the steps pb78 outlined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar issue. I downloaded the latest Premiere only for it to keep crashing. Phoned Adobe and they "fixed" the issue by re-installing CC App and I then I reinstalled premiere pro 10.3. The program was a bit slow but my Mac was still slow and was fine before. I then discovered I had actually been editing in PP 9.0 with no problems to the app or my mac. So reinstalled 9.0. The CC app then said it was broken and needed fixing.  Tried reinstalling the CC app, it wouldn't install, kept saying not responding. Tried the Adobe cleaner, didn't work. Tried the app manager, didn't work. Now I am forced to wipe my mac and start over as Adobe can't seem to fix the problem as eve though my hard ware says it's ok, the mac is still slow and clearly Adobe have left corrupted files on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines