• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More specific student plan?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently just got done using the trial of After Effects, and although I don't need the program for any sort of professional use, I would definitely love to have it and am more than willing to pay for it, however that is the only program I want, and as I'm currently a student I would have gone with the student plan but oddly enough there is no option that I can see which would allow me to simply use a student discount for After Effects alone and nothing else. I do understand the entire collection of CC apps for $19.99/mo as a student plan is a pretty good deal, but I don't want all of the apps, I only want After Effects; I don't want to pay for a bunch of apps that I won't actually be using. So is there any possible way to get a student discount on just After Effects and nothing else? If there isn't, then may I suggest that purchasing a plan for a single program of your choice with a student/teacher discount become a thing? I just find it odd that the option is given for individuals, but not for students/teachers

Anyways, any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

If there isn't, then may I suggest that purchasing a plan for a single program of your choice with a student/teacher discount become a thing?

No, it isn't. Based on their curriculums most students will use at least two or three programs, primarily Phortoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and to some extent Acrobat, and that's the intent of the program. Your hobbies are your own concern. Aside from that you might one day have the need to prepare photos to be used in an animation in Photoshop or draw some

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there isn't, then may I suggest that purchasing a plan for a single program of your choice with a student/teacher discount become a thing?

No, it isn't. Based on their curriculums most students will use at least two or three programs, primarily Phortoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and to some extent Acrobat, and that's the intent of the program. Your hobbies are your own concern. Aside from that you might one day have the need to prepare photos to be used in an animation in Photoshop or draw something from scratch in Illustrator just as you may need Premiere to ingest footage or create a final movie from your FX shots in AE, so for the most part singling out AE makes absolutely no sense except for those people who use otehr professional tools and thus can be happy with a single app plan.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well putting it that way, it does make sense. And like I said, and like you pointed out, this is just purely for personal reasons, and because of that I shouldn't have pointed it out like that I realize. I'll likely just end up getting the $19.99/mo student plan at some point in the future once it enters my price range as I'd still have a number of years as a student left anyways. I do thank you for taking your time here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines