• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrate Photoshop and Lightroom with MacBook Pro Touch Bar

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there instructions on how to integrate the new MacBook Pro touch bar with Photoshop and Lightroom?

For example, can I put frequently used tools like Clone Stamp and patch from the PS tool bar onto the Touch Bar?

Are there any tutorials available?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Hi, Ps update released on 12/13 has support. This is a technical preview based on the features shown at the keynote. Photoshop now supports Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro | Photoshop Blog by Adobe

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The touch bar is a completely new feature on the 2016 MBP. I think at present it is only adaptive for Apple applications. I guess third party developers will take time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of Apple's roll out was the ease with which the touch bar was adaptable to Photoshop.  I found one u-tube video introducing it but not so much in how to.  This may be a "patience young grasshopper" moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Ps update released on 12/13 has support. This is a technical preview based on the features shown at the keynote. Photoshop now supports Touch Bar on the new MacBook Pro | Photoshop Blog by Adobe

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for Ps support, it is really great!

I really hope to see it supported on Lr as well, because of the speed of the workflow it would make even more sense.

Can you share an ETA of when we can expect to see it appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates yet? I have a new laptop and hoping to take advantage of the Touch Bar with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will Touch Bar support be implemented on Lightroom? I'm paying a not inexpensive subscription fee - it's a bit of a liberty for TWO YEARS to pass with no news or developments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the feature request at Lightroom: MacBook Touch Bar support. When you imagine how many people must be using LR on Macs, doesn't 32 requests indicate there's little interest in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would disagree, but carry on mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32 votes says it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the number of votes says is ambiguous since it isn't a scientific poll, and is open to interpretation.

So many feature requests get only a few votes that 32 votes is actually significant. How significant? There are 240 pages of feature requests on the Photoshop feedback site. The 32 votes of the Touch Bar feature request place it on page 7. That puts it in the top 3% of all feature requests...that's pretty high.

We also know that factors other than votes affect the decision; that's how Photoshop got Touch Bar controls before most Mac Photoshop users even knew it was going to be something they could request. But the numbers that are there for the Lightroom Touch Bar feature request actually do indicate a much higher level of interest, relative to the entire body of feature requests, and even when mixed in with requests from Windows users.

As for what KRS-Dan can do in the meantime, you can use the Better Touch Tool utility to make some custom Touch Bar buttons and assign some Lightroom shortcuts to them. I mapped a strip of custom buttons to F5 through F8 (the panels around the screen), the modules, and a few other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad, that's really helpful! I'll have a look at Better Touch Tool tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually surprised Adobe haven't added some kind of support for the touch bar in LR, but 32 votes over two years is a simple measurable fact. Elsewhere on the web, such as in this thread/forum, there's little evidence of wider interest in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a beautiful Touch Bar preset for Lightroom Classic on Better Touch Tool website. Check this link: https://community.folivora.ai/t/the-missing-lightroom-classic-touch-bar-lightroom-lightbar/23710

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines