• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ray-Tracing with AMD GPU

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the AMD RX480 and I want to use it instead of the CPU. From what I have researched I think thats it's not possible however I thought adobe software started using OpenGL as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong or if there is a way to do it, I'd appreciate the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Ray-traced rendering is no longer being developed because NVIDIA changed their architecture an it was impractical to dedicate more time to development. The new C4D rendering engine is what you should be using.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray-traced rendering is no longer being developed because NVIDIA changed their architecture an it was impractical to dedicate more time to development. The new C4D rendering engine is what you should be using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks but also for previewing my project it runs off the ram and plays at around 1fps, is this what is supposed to happen as I would have thought it should go faster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happening is a phenomenon known as "operator inexperience".  Spend a lot of quality time here:

After Effects tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that isn't true.  NVIDIA is still working on raytracing.  The C4D plugin is a different pipeline than the previous ray tracing pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pixel_Masher  wrote

Actually, that isn't true.  NVIDIA is still working on raytracing.  The C4D plugin is a different pipeline than the previous ray tracing pipeline.

Incorrect - concerning Adobe - Adobe has depreciated NVIDIA Ray Tracing rendering and is no longer working to develop it or support it because of changes made by NVIDIA in the architecture. Nothing NVIDIA does will add support to After Effects unless Adobe and NVIDIA come to another agreement on joint development. That is highly unlikely because there are so many more GPU's out there that work with different and more compatible calculations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines