Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare Adobe Photoshop Cs6 and Flash Cs6

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I started to make anime, but first I started with Adobe Flash Cs6 then I found that Adobe Photoshop Cs6 also can make animation. So My question is making animation in Photoshop as good as making animation and Does Photoshop has many useful tools as Adobe Flash Cs6?

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone who supports your ideas

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

While you can make animations in photoshop, it's really more for editing photos and painting. Flash CS6 is designed to create animations. Once you are comfortable with Flash CS6 you will be able to create animations easier an quicker. While you can create animation in photoshop, it's not as easy. Photoshop is raster which means everything created in photoshop is made up of pixels, everything created in Flash CS6 is vector based. Now you can create psd files in photoshop and transfer them straigh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can make animations in photoshop, it's really more for editing photos and painting. Flash CS6 is designed to create animations. Once you are comfortable with Flash CS6 you will be able to create animations easier an quicker. While you can create animation in photoshop, it's not as easy. Photoshop is raster which means everything created in photoshop is made up of pixels, everything created in Flash CS6 is vector based. Now you can create psd files in photoshop and transfer them straight into Flash CS6 to animate the psd, just like you can in Adobe After Effects. When it boils down to it, it is how you can make any of adobe products work for you. You said  you like creating anime, I would recommend working in Flash CS6 for animation. But I will also recommend doing some testing yourself and see what works best for you. That's the great thing about Adobe software they give you the freedom to create whatever you want with whatever Adobe software you use.

Now recently Adobe changed flash's name to Animte and they have added some great new tools to make animation even easier. You may want to look into upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS is fine for making simple Animated GIFs for use on web sites.

How to make an animated GIF in Photoshop

But it's not a replacement for Animate CC (formerly Flash Pro). 

You have a lot more tools to work with in Animate and thus more options for creating richer & more challenging projects like interactive games and applications.  In Animate, be sure to output to CSS, JavaScript and HTML5.  Don't use SWF Flash.   

NOTE: Flash is dead.  Before long, major browsers will start blocking Flash by default.  Google stopped displaying Flash Ads on Jan 2nd.  Mobile devices can't support Flash.   Less than 42% of desktop users have the latest Flash Player & plugins.  It's not a viable web medium anymore. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More on the demise of Flash.

Microsoft Edge will block Flash by default soon - The Verge

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking time to answer my question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines