• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view "Tools>Protect" to allow me to add a password to a pdf file. No "Protect" option when I open the PDF file. Can anyone assist?

Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the PDF file, there is not ability to get to "Tools" on one system but when I go to another system I can see it.  But in neither case can I see the "Protect" option to password protectr the file.  Probably very simple but I can't make it happen.  Easy answer for someone but not me.  Please assist.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For each of the two systems please let us know the software you are actually running. Please go to Help > About and tell us if you have Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Standard, Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader - or something else. Also the exact version shown in the About box, like 11.0.34 or 2015.1243.90022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need Adobe Acrobat (​not Adobe Acrobat Reader) to be able to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines