• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas and text size issue (with new Macbook Pro)??

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently bought a new Macbook, and ever since then Photoshop is sizing images improperly. I've used the most up to date version of photoshop, and have the same issue as I had with my 2014 version.

Within photoshop, if I size an image to 268 x 215 pixels, my desired size for gifs, it shows this as my image gif at 100%

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.40.39 PM.png

However, the real 100% is this, which is 200% within photoshop:Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.40.41 PM.png

When I export the gif, it suddenly appears at the proper size (the 200% when in photoshop). As a result, my images and gifs are blurred.

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.48.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.46.33 PM.png

The top two gifs are the gif made at 536 x 430. The bottom two gifs are the gif exported at 268 x 215. You can see that the bottom gifs are the same size as when they were shown at 200% within photoshop.

I've also found that any text appears smaller than it used to when I used the same font size that I've always used.

Within photoshop, at 100%:

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.53.38 PM.png

At 200%, for comparison:

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 4.06.19 PM.png

When exported, it shows the same as in 200%

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 3.56.51 PM.png

Is there a way to fix this? Otherwise I'll have to make gifs at double the size just to make sure they don't blur, and that isn't a good option when I am not always working with video footage in 1080 HD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

You can try "Open in Low Resolution". Open the Photoshop folder in Applications. Find Photoshop CC 2017.app (as an example), then single click to select it, and use "Get Info" or Cmd i to get to the "Open in Low Resolution" checkbox. Your images should then display as they used to.

Screen+Shot+2015-02-21+at+18.43.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is working correctly.

100% zoom in Photoshop means 1 screen pixel for 1 image pixel. It is not a physical size.  That means with a high resolution screen the physical size on screen will be smaller.

Other apps zoom to 200% without telling you

To see your image as other apps will show it - zoom to 200%

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a Hi Res display.  So your pixel density is 2-3 times greater than an average display's density. 

10%% looks tiny because on your display it is tiny.

Go to Edit > Preferences > Interface.

Change UI scaling to 200%.  Restart Photoshop.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having an isue where photoshop won't let me change the UI scaling at all. So what do I do now?

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 9.35.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi taylorm,

If you are using a MAC, Go to System Preferences > Displays and select the "Scaled" button and choose a setting on the "More Space".

Retina Mac display resolutions

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try "Open in Low Resolution". Open the Photoshop folder in Applications. Find Photoshop CC 2017.app (as an example), then single click to select it, and use "Get Info" or Cmd i to get to the "Open in Low Resolution" checkbox. Your images should then display as they used to.

Screen+Shot+2015-02-21+at+18.43.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines