• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Search Bar

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been on Photoshop for a little less than a year, I've had computer troubles. I finally went in big for the Microsoft Surface Pro and the first thing I did was download Photoshop. Well, of course it's different in a few ways, as I expected. However, I always remembered that no matter what my problem was there was a search bar in the Help tab. If I wanted to pull up my swatches I could just go to the Help tab type in "swatches" and it would take me right to them. I just can't think of a sensible reason why they would take this away, as it was one of the most useful aspects of the entire service. I am here to ask if it is somewhere else and I am missing it, if there was somehow never a search bar in the Help tab and I am just mistaken, or if this option has really been taken away. I just want an answer, or help finding it if I can get it. I've googled it and the internet can't seem to comprehend my problem, so I'm here for the help of the experts. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

I believe the Search Bar your referring to is mac only.

However photoshop cc 2017 has search function that is similar sort of on both mac and windows.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/search.html

Just click on the Magnifying Glass icon in the tool options bar.

sea.jpg

the mac only Help>Search

mac-sea.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try this :   Press Ctrl+F

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the Search Bar your referring to is mac only.

However photoshop cc 2017 has search function that is similar sort of on both mac and windows.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/search.html

Just click on the Magnifying Glass icon in the tool options bar.

sea.jpg

the mac only Help>Search

mac-sea.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I always remembered that no matter what my problem was there was a search bar in the Help tab. If I wanted to pull up my swatches I could just go to the Help tab type in "swatches" and it would take me right to them. I just can't think of a sensible reason why they would take this away, as it was one of the most useful aspects of the entire service. I am here to ask if it is somewhere else and I am missing it, if there was somehow never a search bar in the Help tab and I am just mistaken, or if this option has really been taken away. I just want an answer, or help finding it if I can get it.

What R_Kelly said: Search in the Help menu is Mac OS X only

http://www.imore.com/how-use-macs-help-menu#application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines