• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automating the export to the tiff extension

Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with large prints on Plotters and use many PDF and Tiff files. I found here a Script that makes my life a lot easier when I need to save PDF images .... It saves all the images in a "Roland-Prints" folder in the same directory. I need a script that does this same function only in TIFF format. Is it possible to make a modification to the script? Thank you..

Here is the script:

var docRef = app.activeDocument;

var imgName= docRef.name;

imgName = imgName.substr(0, imgName.length -4);

// Get name of Folder Path

var docFolder = docRef.fullName.parent;

var folderPath = docFolder.fsName;

// Create a sub-folder called PDFs in the working folder

var newPathFolder = new Folder( folderPath + "//Roland-Prints/");

newPathFolder.create();

// Flatten layers before saving

docRef.flatten();

// Save Options for PDFs

pdfFile = new File( folderPath + "//Roland-Prints/" + imgName + ".pdf")

pdfSaveOptions = new PDFSaveOptions()

pdfSaveOptions.PDFCompatibility = PDFCompatibility.PDF16;

pdfSaveOptions.colorConversion = false;

pdfSaveOptions.destinationProfile = "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2";

pdfSaveOptions.embedColorProfile = false;

pdfSaveOptions.optimizeForWeb = true;

pdfSaveOptions.profileInclusionPolicy = false;

pdfSaveOptions.encoding = PDFEncoding.JPEG;

pdfSaveOptions.downSample = PDFResample.PDFBICUBIC;

// set to NONE to allow PDF Security Options. Permission is for Printing only. A common password

// needs to be added as soon as the file is saved without typing it in all the time

pdfSaveOptions.PDFStandard = PDFStandard.NONE;

pdfSaveOptions.downSampleSize = 200;

pdfSaveOptions.downSampleSizeLimit = 250;

pdfSaveOptions.layers = false;

pdfSaveOptions.preserveEditing=false;

pdfSaveOptions.jpegQuality = 12;

docRef.saveAs(pdfFile, pdfSaveOptions, true, Extension.LOWERCASE);

docRef.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES);

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Folder((fnp = (aD = activeDocument).fullName.parent + '/Roland-Prints/')).create()

aD.saveAs(File(fnp + aD.name), new TiffSaveOptions()), aD.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a  save as section for tiff file here are the Tiff  save options you can use.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This script I just found ... I have no idea how to modify, so I do not know how this information can help me! Anyway I'm grateful for the help and good intentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Adobe link ​Adobe Photoshop Scripting | Adobe Developer Connection

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helping me at all! designer is not programmer ... Thank you Lord.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tokuredit wrote:

This is not helping me at all! designer is not programmer ... Thank you Lord.

There is a difference between asking for help and asking someone to do your work for you.

I do not actually know JavaScript but I was a programmer when I was a working man. Using Photoshop actions I ran into imitations so I started hacking at Photoshop scripting.  For I wanted to do some things that could not be done with Actions.

You found some Photoshop uses make work they did for themselves available for free to help others.   I do the same and I also try to help other with hacking at Photoshop scripts.   Photoshop scripting is programing and a little hacking can help a designer improve their workflow.  IMO you should do your own work and it is  OK to ask for help with hacking it. 

As you found out it only took two lines.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack, very grateful for your help and attention, sorry the way I expressed myself, I understood your words, happens that you do not learn programming from one moment to another, if you do not find complex and learned fast, congratulations! I just asked for a help, like many others like me. Any help is valid and I am grateful for the help of all who have always helped me here including the Lord. I think I'm going to be away for a while here and try to turn my resources around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is sometime strange how one become a programmer.  In 1965 I was a happy young man employed by a business machine company as a repair man and I was good at repairing machines IMO. One day my boss Chuck called me into his office and took my tool bag away from me and handed me. A green Card and two books.  The Principals of Operations IBM 360 and Basic Assembler Language. Then he said John your now a programmer.  For the next 35 years a programmers I was. In 2002 I retired from their research lab.  I know all about learning programming out of necessary.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder((fnp = (aD = activeDocument).fullName.parent + '/Roland-Prints/')).create()

aD.saveAs(File(fnp + aD.name), new TiffSaveOptions()), aD.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus ... Which lines should I add your code to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you mean, because it's completed code, just a short version of that you provided. Simply use it as it is, and it should save your (saved and) opened file in Photoshop as Tiff in Roland-Prints fodler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to swap everything that is PDF by Tiff only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not possible. PDF has other saving options. Tiff has only those you see in that JJMack post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kukurykus You solved my problem, it worked! I added your code from line 16 left as I wanted. Thank you my friend.

var docRef = app.activeDocument; 

var imgName= docRef.name; 

imgName = imgName.substr(0, imgName.length -4); 

// Get name of Folder Path 

var docFolder = docRef.fullName.parent; 

var folderPath = docFolder.fsName; 

// Create a sub-folder called PDFs in the working folder 

var newPathFolder = new Folder( folderPath + "//Roland-Prints/"); 

newPathFolder.create(); 

// Flatten layers before saving 

docRef.flatten(); 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work without lines 1 - 15. It's not needed part. You can try only my code and the result will be the same. I'm only not sure to the end about activeDocument.flatten(), but I think it's not needed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really works perfect! Boy, you were great, with only two lines solved my problem! Very good indeed .... Thank you my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You confused threads, this one is not about pdfs but tiffs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines