• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro minimize button missing

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro running Lightroom 6 that was working fine - the three colored buttons at the top of the screen were there, and could minimize Lightroom as needed..

Today I clicked on the green button to maximize the screen.  Worked, but there is no obvious way to switch it back.  The place where the three buttons might appear seems to be covered by the MacBook menu line at the top of the screen.

I've been searching the forums and reading, and while some people find answers, others don't.

I read where typing "F" would cycle the screen through three (or four someplace else) modes, where one of them would allow me to un-do the maximizing.  In my case, the "F" switched back and forth between what I see now, and then enlarging one image to fill the entire screen.

I'd like to think that if I created this problem by simply clicking on the green maximize button, there must be some way to un-click it.....   but I can't find the buttons in order to click on it again, so I need something else. 

Someone suggested I change my "screen modes" under the view menu, but the choices he suggested were not there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift-F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that yesterday.  No luck.  The red, yellow, and green "dots" did not return.  Having read what you posted above, I did Shift-F again.  Still no luck.  Then I started doing it over and over again.  The Lightroom window suddenly shrank slightly, so it was no longer full screen, and the three "buttons" re-appeared.

So, first comment - Problem Solved.   Thank you!

New question - why didn't this work the first few times I did this?  When I did the Shift-F over and over again, the reduced size Lightroom window switched back and forth to showing Lightroom, and then showing the single image that was selected "full size" within that window. 

I guess I need to look up the effects of "F", "Shift-F", and I think there were other key combinations. I think I will avoid making the window full-screen from now on, until I understand this better.

Again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking this question - happened on my Mac desktop as well, thought I was going crazy.  Starting to keep a running list of little helpful tips like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally!!  I have scoured the internet for two days trying every solution that worked for everyone else.  The Shift + F didn't work for me until I saw your response saying you had to do it "over and over".  I don't know why Adobe doesn't fix this problem if so many people have a problem with it!  Why they take away your ability to use the red, yellow, and green buttons is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines