• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferred adobe CS 5.5 to flash drive now not working

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a new computer and to save space I transferred my adobe onto a flash drive, when I try to load it on my computer it brings up a screen to type serial number for a 30 day trial. I already have my serial number for 5.5. am I not able to use it from a flash drive? I was going to buy an external drive too.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

One - you do not transfer programs, you MUST do an install as gener7 says

Two - the Adobe installer will NOT install to a removable drive, since that would cause MAJOR system problems with the drive is unplugged and re-plugged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install CS5.5 on the system drive, not an external drive.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 products for the installer if you don't have a disc drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I cant delete it off my laptop? that's whats taking so much room up on it that's why I wanted to only have it on a flash drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One - you do not transfer programs, you MUST do an install as gener7 says

Two - the Adobe installer will NOT install to a removable drive, since that would cause MAJOR system problems with the drive is unplugged and re-plugged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice (one that I always follow), is to buy a Solid State Drive, clone over the contents, and replace the old one. They are easier to change than a light bulb and the speed is lightning quick.

You can get this for $139 Amazon.com: Crucial MX300 525GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT525MX300SSD1: Computers...

You can also figure out what does not need the system drive and move it to the external to free up space.

Photoshop is 2 GB on my drive, and that should take up a tiny fraction of your space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 32gb Lenovo laptop, I only have the a son stuff it came with on it plus microsoft and i installed the credit I've suite 5.5 on there but only checked the photoshop programs and it's saying I have no memory left? I feel like an idiot, but I went into my programs and there is nothing I can uninstall bc I didn't put anything on there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is 32 GB your Hard drive capacity? If so, you really need an upgrade. 240 GB or better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm using a Lenovo idea pad 110s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact message you get about "no memory left"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset my laptop, I'm going to redownload adobe cs5.5... I only want the photoshop on my laptop not the indesign or illustrator.. etc. when I go To run the setup  only choose the photoshop. is there a way to only download that from the start or do I have to download the whole creative suite 5.5 design premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number will not work on a standalone--that is separate copy of Photoshop. You need to download the suite and then select what you want to install.

I just want to install only one program (Creative Suite)

It may be under "Custom Install" in the installer,  but I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I appreciate you helping me. I've redone my laptop... im going to install it from the site, I do have to download 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 correc, you said it only took up about 2gb of your hard drive correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Photoshop system requirements CS5 estimates 1 GB of HDD space, but there is scratch disk space which varies depending on the files loaded.

You absolutely need to download both files, the .exe and the much larger .7z archive. The .exe, when run will create the installer from the .7z file. Do not use any unarchiver on that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded both, doing the install... I got an error message about storage.. I had 15gb... after download I have 23.5gb... and it stopped responding at 88% install..and froze my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know much about your Lenovo or why it froze the install. I can't think of any way to fix this.

See if a local repair place can look at it.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines