Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Crashing on Start up

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Last night I tried to do an update for CS6 and the update stalled at 81% and now the application won't open.  I am on a MacBook Pro (2010) and running El Capitain.  I have tried to restart the update but I can't seem to figure that out.  Suggestions?  I'm not in a panic because the project I was working on has been sent to the printer.  However... I would like the program to start working. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Hi,

Please follow the steps in "Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates  to resolve the issue.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point in the past (I don't know the exact date) Adobe "merged" the original update manager into the Cloud update manager, which means you are no longer using your original update manager

I have read some messages that the latest (Cloud) updater sometimes doesn't work with old programs... Try installing your updates manually

Updates start here and select product, read to see if you need to install updates in number order, or if the updates are cumulative for the individual product http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Also, For Mac El Capitan or the newer Sierra operating system read below

Owners of old programs simply have problems with Mac El Capitan/Sierra... none of which is Adobe's fault... Adobe did not change your old program to make it stop working... Apple changed their operating system and THAT is why your old programs won't work, not because of anything Adobe did... Also... every time Apple issues an update, there is the risk that an old program that HAS been working will STOP working... bottom line, old programs require a matching old operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.  At this point I just want the program to load. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reliable way would be for you to either revert to an earlier OS or upgrade to InDesign CC2015/17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  That just seems unfair.   Apple and Adobe should play nicely together.   I tried the manual update and got this error code:  Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7

Does that mean I am toast with this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

U44.. update error http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1289956 may help

>Apple and Adobe should play nicely together

Go back and re-read what I wrote in reply 1

Adobe is not going to go back and update a 4+ year old program when Apple makes changes

As I said, and as Derek said in reply 3, an old program requires a matching old operating system

This is Apple's fault for not maintaining backward compatibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please follow the steps in "Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates  to resolve the issue.

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines