• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashes and freezes on New Macbook Pro 15inch 2016)

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Similarly experience on Premiere Pro with unexpected crashes that will rendered the Macbook Pro 15inch 2016 useless. Same symptom with Premiere Pro, the computer will become unresponsive and computer's screen flashing with checkered/blocky pattern. I thought it was an isolate issue with Premiere Pro but now I can confirm After Effects is getting the same treatment on my new Macbook Pro 15inch 2016.

To put you in context I have been using After Effects for work vaguely over a month now. I work on weekday, and every single day I used After Effects to do project ranging from minor to major project. In total I can confidently say that I used After Effects for 30 days and this is the only time I have encountered the infamous flashy checkered pattern on my screen. Premiere Pro will usually crashes on average 30 minutes from the time I opened a project, a painful solution is using Final Cut Pro. Not sure if I could say the same thing for After Effects.

I just want the Adobe community and staff members to be aware of this issue. It's not frequent but this shouldn't happened at all in the first place.

My photo:

IMG_20170116_103906.jpg

Youtube example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvlyqDNlXrg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

My daughter has reported similar freaking out screens on her brand new MacBook Pro and she was not using any Adobe Products. The screen looked almost exactly the same. This makes me think there is some kind of hardware problem common to both of your machines.

She is taking her machine to the Apple Store for analysis. You might also want to check out this article. There are several reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My daughter has reported similar freaking out screens on her brand new MacBook Pro and she was not using any Adobe Products. The screen looked almost exactly the same. This makes me think there is some kind of hardware problem common to both of your machines.

She is taking her machine to the Apple Store for analysis. You might also want to check out this article. There are several reports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines