• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selecting fonts in dropdown menu

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been bothering me for a while now…

In indesign 12, on the ‘Type’ panel, when selecting the drop down menu for fonts, the fontlist appears…

Instead of just scrolling down to -for example- ‘Times new roman’ (which takes a couple of seconds) I would simply type the first letters of Times and that would take me instantly to the font Times, which for me is just a little bit faster… but that doesn’t seem to work anymore

Was this only possible in previous versions of Indesign? Is there a way to ‘activate’ this again in Indesign?

(it still works in Illustrator BTW)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Mac Sierra 10.12.2 & In 12.0.0.81

But I think I figured it out, when clicking the magnifying icon in the search field, there is the option to 'Search Entire Font Name' and that's just what I was looking for! Thanks for the feedback anyway! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still working for me on my Mac (OS 10.11.6; IN 12.0.0.81). What is your operating system?

InDesign CCss_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac Sierra 10.12.2 & In 12.0.0.81

But I think I figured it out, when clicking the magnifying icon in the search field, there is the option to 'Search Entire Font Name' and that's just what I was looking for! Thanks for the feedback anyway! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines