• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually mark as previously imported?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a situation where for some reason, a selection of photos that have already been imported into Lightroom are not being flagged as duplicates when "do not import suspected duplicates" is selected.

I'm on the road and not wanting to clear my cards, and importing photos daily.

Every time I import I have to scroll through the import window and manually deselect the ones already imported (or deselect all and manually select the new ones).

I was was hoping for a way to select the ones I've imported and manually tag them as "imported" so on subsequent imports, Lightroom knows to ignore them.

I don't see the feature but is there any trickery to accomplish this?

thanks

-Joseph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

PhotoJoseph wrote:

I have a situation where for some reason, a selection of photos that have already been imported into Lightroom are not being flagged as duplicates when "do not import suspected duplicates" is selected.

Some people have reported this bug. In fact, I experienced it myself, however it went away by itself.

I don't know any way to trick Lightroom into realizing that certain photos have previously been imported.

You might try restarting your computer; and deleting your preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoJoseph wrote:

Some people have reported this bug. In fact, I experienced it myself, however it went away by itself.

I don't know any way to trick Lightroom into realizing that certain photos have previously been imported.

You might try restarting your computer; and deleting your preference file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to make use of the subfolders on the camera card? e.g. day by day, you could tell the camera to start a fresh image folder - or else set it up to make and use separately dated folders automatically.

Then in the Import dialog, you could set the appropriate latest subfolder as your Source - containing only that day's photos.

This will involve selecting the specific card (reader) as listed lower down in the Source panel, and expanding that to show and select among its folders - instead of using the default selection, which refers to an entire card's contents indiscriminately.

Alternatively, employ these card subfolders for manually copying images into the computer instead - and then import those using 'Add' (or 'Move').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines