• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a limit to no of photographs in on LR Catalog??

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm a Lightroom beginner,

I have multiple Aperture Libraries on an EHD, one for each year 2001-2014 (I've already imported 2015&2016).  I tally about 317 gb of data for all these photos, I have no idea how many images total that is.  I keep seeing in different places there is no upper limit to how many photos you can have in a catalog.  Any advice for working w large catalogs??  I am v. organized as it comes to keywords, ratings, collections etc....  Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

The catalog is just a database. There is no practical limit to the size of a catalog. I think you should consider using keywords as the best way to organize that much data.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog is just a database. There is no practical limit to the size of a catalog. I think you should consider using keywords as the best way to organize that much data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom will tell you how many images are in your catalog, this information appears in several places including just above the filmstrip at the bottom of the screen.

In any event, there is no limit to the number of images in the catalog; one user in this forum reports he has over 600,000 images in his catalog, and it's working just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines