• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keylight Pixelated with green screen

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a question so i have footage from my go pro and film on my dslr with a green screen but when i keychrome myself out and put myself into the gopro footage , the keychromed footage of me looks more pixelated than the backgroud gopro footage as if my gopro footage is 1080p but my keychromed footage is 480p. what am i doing wrong and how do i fix ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what am i doing wrong?

Using compressed footage and expecting a clean key without extra work, plain and simple. You have to read up on how these formats even work and what teh various compression and quality settings on your camera mean.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You MIGHT be able to get rid of the noise by using the chroma-keyed layer as an alpha matte for the unkeyed footage.  No telling on that score -- we don't know what it looks like.

And as Mylenium says, you can't expect miracles from high-compressed footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green screen first test 2 - YouTube    Here's a link for an example of what is happening, i apologize I am new to after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just looks like you didn't refine your settings enough to pull an acceptable key. Keying is not a click one or two parameters operation. It takes some work. The more compressed the footage the more work and you may have to settle for softer edges. You can sometimes hide that flaw with light wrap.

I suggest that you type Keylight in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and study up on some of the Community Resources. You'll find better training in less time than you will find using Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ernest D,

Did you ever pull off this key effect? Please let us know what you did to solve your issue, or if you still need help to solve your issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines