• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to version 15

Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student ready to update to version 15. Will the install automatically maintain her Organizer information and files?

Mary Lou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information but my original question simply asked whether the installation of a new version includes updating the organizer on the computer which is being updated.

If he is using a second computer, he must be doing something as he goes from one computer to the other to keep the present catalog the same on both computers.

I suspect that he is only using Photoshop Elements on one computer.

Mary Lou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mary Lou Frost wrote:

Thanks for that information but my original question simply asked whether the installation of a new version includes updating the organizer on the computer which is being updated.

If PSE15 is installed on the same computer than the previous version (with the catalog and media files), then the installation process of PSE15 beside the older version ends with a dialog offering to 'convert' the existing current catalog to the PSE15 format. The new catalog takes the same name as the old one, the old one is renamed with a 1 suffix and is still available to the old PSE.

If he is using a second computer, he must be doing something as he goes from one computer to the other to keep the present catalog the same on both computers.

I suspect that he is only using Photoshop Elements on one computer.

Mary Lou

The link given by hadstead should answer that question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines