• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring ebooks to Kobo

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having intermittent troubles with transferring ebooks i've borrowed from the library.  I can download to my laptop and transfer them to my K.  However, when I try to open the ebooks on my Kobo I get a square that says, "oops!  This document couldn't be opened.  this document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management and is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID.  Please sign in with the authorized Adobe ID and try again.

I have contacted my library to get the advice to unintstall the current version and reinstall version 3.0.  Then authorize the computer and if it's already authorized to deauthorize and try again.  I have done this.  I've uninstalled version 3.0 and reintalled the latest version and done the whole authorize etc again.  I've contacted adobe to be told that I'm authorized and I need to come here.  PLEASE help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my Kobo Glo.  This all started when I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Digital Editions.  I can download to ADE but when I look at the information  about the book I downloaded (right click on the book), it says the book cannot be copied or printed.  So ADE goes through the motion of copying it to my Kobo but it is not copying.  So I get the Oops! message.  What is also interesting is that I was able to download one book and it successfully copied to my Kobo.  When I returned the book after reading it and went after another one I had problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a response from my library to try to deauthorize my computer and then reauthorize my pressing crtl+shift+d.  This gives me a screen to sign into and no matter how many times I change my password with adobe ID I get a message that says the password is incorrect and to try again.  Nothing is helping me fix this problem.

I'm disappointed in the lack of service help from Adobe, my library and Kobo.  No one can tell me why this is happening or how to fix it.  I get suggestions that don't work.And sometimes I can borrow a book and sometimes I can't and no one can tell me why that is either.  I am so beyond frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rosemary - I found the secret to successfully copying to Kobo.  After downloading to Adobe, right click on the document name and choose Item Info.  At the bottom it will probably say "copying: not allowed".  So here's what I was able to do:  When I dragged the book to my Kobo the first time, the green bar only went about 1/10th of the way.  So I dragged it again, and the bar moved further along.  I kept dragging the book to my Kobo until the green bar showed up at the end (it didn't fill the space but it did fill the last 1/4 at the very end).  It took about 4 tries. When I tried to open it in my Kobo it worked!  It seems like it won't copy it all at once but will eventually copy it all.  Hope it works for me again next time, and if you try it I hope it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was so excited to try your suggestion.  It didn't work    I get the message that the book already exists on my device and that I can choose to skip the file, duplicate the file or replace the file.  And then cancel or continue.  Heavy sigh.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I got that message I chose Replace the file so that it would overwrite the version that was already on my Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosemary

I got that problem in the early days with my Kobo H20 - sometimes library books would load sometimes they gave an error. It seemed the Kobo's internal database had become corrupted, preventing a further attempt at loading the same book. This is what I did.

1. I,deactivated my Kobo from ADE.

2. I uninstalled ADE and went back to version 3.0

3. I rebooted the Kobo back to factory settings - the procedure to do that varies by model

4. I set the Kobo back up with Kobo desktop

5. I re-authorised the Kobo with ADE 3.0.

From then on , I followed the process from my previous post when loading library books i.e. :

1. Remove old (read or expired) books within the Kobo Reader (not using ADE) .

2. Fully switch off the Kobo (not just sleep) and switch back on again before loading books. That way the Kobo boots fresh and clears its database.

3. Ensure that the time and date settings on the Kobo match your PC

4. Plug in the Kobo - the launch ADE

5. Once you have transferred the books from ADE to the reader, ensure that you click on "safely remove hardware" before unplugging

I have not had a problem loading library books since.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave for your suggestion.  It got me no where.  I've uninstalled, I've installed.  I've shut down to start up.  I've turned my Kobo off all the way.  I've deauthorized & reauthorized.  I have gotten no different results..... I never had troubles like this before Windows 10.  Should I be contacting Windows now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem on a computer with Windows 7. On my Windows 10 computer I couldn't even get the library book into ADE without ADE freezing up. On the Win 7 computer, it looks like everything is working fine but then I can't open the book on the Kobo. And I've tried everything too including about 3 factory restarts, calling the Kobo customer support (useless and they just say to call Adobe which has no support), downloading the book about 40 times, authorizing, unauthorizing and authorizing again and again and again. I've plugged things in and started and restarted in every possible order, updated the date and time etc. I'm out of ideas here and I'm so sorry I ever bought a book reader.

Now is there anyone from Adobe actually reading these forums who can tell us how to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS.  I can open the books and read them on my laptop.  I can't read them on my Kobo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this and may just be a coincidence but I find if I connect my Kobo first before adobe editions is open I don't get this message on my Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following - I've not had any problems transferring library books to Kobo since following this:

1. Remove old (read or expired) books within the Kobo Reader (not using ADE) .

2. Fully switch off the Kobo (not just sleep) and switch back on again before loading books. That way the Kobo boots fresh and clears its database.

3. Ensure that the time and date settings on the Kobo match your PC

4. Plug in the Kobo - the launch ADE

5. Once you have transferred the books from ADE to the reader, ensure that you click on "safely remove hardware" before unplugging

I hope that helps you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heavy sigh of frustration..... Tried your suggestions too.  Got me no where.  Got the same oops! message.  What is wrong?

I've plugged in the Kobo before launching ADE.  I plugged in the Kobo after launching ADE.  I've reset my Kobo.I've removed all expired library books from my Kobo.  I've removed all expired library books from my ADE.  I've called Kobo.  I've called the library.  Any other suggestions out there to try?  I'm getting no where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines