• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5 won't start in Windows 8.1

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all of a sudden I am unable to open Photoshop CS5 on my Windows 8.1 64-bit laptop. It has always worked fine up until about a week ago. I tried uninstalling recent updates, running it in compatibility mode, deleting Photoshop preferences, and a couple of other things recommended by Adobe in addition to uninstalling all of the Creative Suite programs and reinstalling them. I still cannot get it to work. The splash screen pops up and it seems to be loading, then at the "initializing" point I get a Windows popup that says, "Adobe Photoshop CS5 has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" It includes a "close program" button. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for any help, I have been tearing my hair out for days trying to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried looking in the event viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wade, thank you for the reply. I looked at the event viewer, but have no idea what any of this means. Here is what it says about the most recent failure to launch:

- System

- Provider

[ Name]  Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers]  0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]  2017-01-12T02:34:07.000000000Z

EventRecordID 70128

Channel Application

Computer Penelope

Security

- EventData

Photoshop.exe

4d9d8f8e

ntdll.dll

57ae642e

c0000374

00000000000f1b70

01d26c7c3f8e56f0

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

96908731-d86f-11e6-8327-c454446b994d

This is meaningless gibberish to me, so if you can enlighten me, I would be thrilled. Thank you!

Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carrot,

Please go to the Control Panel, and then Programs and Features. And please select Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, 2013 and repair it. Restart the computer, and then let me know if the application works.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sahil,

Thank you for the suggestion! I did the repair of Microsoft Visual C++ 2012, but do not have 2013 and restarted. I also have 2008 & 2010, but they don't have a repair option. Unfortunately, Photoshop still won't start & I am getting the same message from Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines