• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Intel display driver

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to launch Premiere Elements 11, as I do almost every day, but I got an advice that told me the system have detected an incompatible graphic driver, and suggest me to update it. I've tried but "Intel" website answer me that they detected a modified VGA driver and suggested me to contact the notebook producer (Asus). So I did, and Asus send me a link to download the "correct" driver, but the result is Always the same... I launch Premiere Elements but when I try to open the Editor box I see the advice again and all my PC gets stuck, so I have to reboot. I treid also some other driver from Intel site and Always the same result.
I've seen on forum that someone suggests to remove Premiere and reinstall it at all, but I don't know if this attempt will burn one of the available setup that I could use to install Premiere on another device.

Is this a common problem?. does anyone have other solution to try?
Thank to all in advance and best regards

PS

In my notebook, I have Windows 7 - 64 bit, Intel Core i5 processor,
and also another VGA, Nvidia Geforce, I know that this could seems a problem, maybe for the possible conflict between graphic chipset, but I used my pc this way since 2014 and I've never had a problem with Premiere Elements..
Thanks again

Francesco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying your graphics system is an Intel GPU or an nVidia GeForce GPU? It makes a huge difference.

This fall nVidia introduce a series of drivers that "broke" a number of programs, including Premiere Elements. The most recent set of drivers seem to have fixed this issue -- but I'd very much recommend you go to the nVidia site and get the latest drivers and see if that fixes your issue. If not, it gets more complicated, but there are other things to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve, but I did it too, I got also the latest version of the driver, downloaded from nVidia site, but no way to open Premiere editor box.
At the moment the only way to start properly Premiere Elements is removing the driver of Intel GPU, keep just Windows basic driver (and the resolution of my screen dramatically falls off) and I can launch Premiere succesfully. At start, I see an Adobe advice that tell me to update driver for better result, but then the program starts and I can do my work.

If you have other suggestions they are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got an nVidia card and driver, you should not have an Intel graphics driver at all, Frances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so, but when I've bought this computer it was already supplied with nvidia and intel card by the manfacturer.
AnywayI've tried to disable the first one and then the other card to see if Premiere starts, but it won't works.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "I've tried to disable the first one and then the other card to see if Premiere starts, but it won't works."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Steve, here what I do..
I open the Control Panel and the Device Manager folder, here I open Graphic Card from listed devices and I made a click on nvidia or intel one, so I choose "Disable" from the listed buttons and the computer runs with just one of the two cards, then I do the same with the other, but I can't get a good result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you go to Programs and Features and uninstall the Intel Graphics Driver?

I'm still not sure why the computer's manufacturer sold you a computer with both an Intel graphics system and an nVidia graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines