• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted audio

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded videos from an old camcorder and have added them to the new project. The visual side is perfect. The audio on most is also fine. On some of the videos however the complete audio track is distorted. It follows the visual track but is high pitched, like the chipmunk sounds, and has an awful echo. can someone tell me how to cure this? When I play the same video that I have stored on the PC without using elements is if perfectly OK, so I assume it must be a problem with the software? Could it be the settings? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from?

How did you get the video from the camcorder to your computer? If this is old analog video, what device did you use to digitize your video and what format is this video?

There are a number of cheap devices out there for digitizing video, and most only work well with the video editing software included with it. Your device may well be saving your video to your computer in a format or using a codec that is not compatible with Premiere Elements.

Also, be sure to tell us which version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what operating system. It could also be helpful to know what processor you have and with how much RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original video was on an old analog JVC recorder from around 1992. I copied the video onto a digital video recorder with mini DV cassette and uploaded all the videos from these onto my PC hard disc. All the videos so stored have played perfectly on windows 8 and 10 and most of them are OK editing in elements. Some however have this distortion right through the complete recording. I am using Premier Elements 15 on windows 10. This problem however also occurred on Elements 14 as well. I have a modern PC with an intel I5 processor with 8 GB RAM. My computer handles 4K video recording/editing without any problems. It is odd that the videos play OK on windows but have this problem in elements and that not all videos display this problem. Your excelleny elements book sheds no light on this problem so any suggestions on how to solve this problem would be much appreciated. Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that, after you recorded the video to your miniDV camcorder, you connected the miniDV to your computer with an IEEE1394 FireWire cable and then used Premiere Elements or WinDV to capture the video as DV-AVIs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the FireWire cable to transfer the video from the digital camcorder to the PC where it was saved as a file. From there I added the video and audio file to elements in the usual way and this became the project asset. Only when added to the timeline id the distortion in audio become apparent. Visually it is fine. Audio is in sync but with the 'chipmunks' sound and echo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important that I know specifcally what we're dealing with, so please be specific. "It was saved as a file" could mean so many things.

Are you saying that, after you recorded the video to your miniDV camcorder, you connected the miniDV to your computer with an IEEE1394 FireWire cable and then used Premiere Elements or WinDV to capture the video as DV-AVIs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I recorded the video onto the hard disc using the wire fire cable. It is an .avi file and works fine I used windows 8 to capture the videos which I then moved to the elements in the usual way through the add data and choosing the relevant folder and file. Hope this helps, as I mentioned earlier some of the videos (all of which are 60 minutes long and in one long clip) work OK. Visually they are all fine and some of the audio is OK-but many aren't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the videos were transferred, as far as I can remember, straight onto the hard disc. I am not sure if there was any app (WinDV?) or other programme that I used? It is some time ago now so I cannot be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't know what program you used to capture your video, we'll need to dissect the video with Media Info to find out what's going on inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MediaInfo gives:

AVI (OpenDML) (DVCPRO): 4.85 GiB, 24 min 3 s

1 video stream DV

1 audio stream PCM

Overall bit rate Constant

Overall bit rate 28.9 Mb/s

First video stream 24.4 Mb/s, 720*576 (4:3), at 25.000 FPS, DV (PAL) (DVCPRO)

First audio stream 1 536 kb/s, 48.0 kHz, 16 bits, 2 channels, PCM (DV)

Hope this helps

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you've told me, I don't see anything that could be causing the issue you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve for all your patience and help. Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines