• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color problem with raw pictures

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an oversaturation problem with my raw pictures taken with my Canon 60d. They look way oversaturated in photoshop cc. When I import them in Jpeg they look perfect. Pictures imported from my other camera Canon 6d  both jpeg and raw are fine. I have been using my Canon 60d with Photoshop for years and I never had this problem. I wonder if anyone could help me with this. I do not want to change any settings in photoshop because it does work with my 6d. This happened right after one of the latest updates.

I have Photoshop ver. 2017.0.1

20161130.r.29x64

Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

If rolling back doesn't work, screen shots of the problematic images would be very helpful.

You might also go through all the Camera Raw setting to make sure they are all truly set to the defaults. In particular, the basic, tone curve, and camera calibration tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing with Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I double click on the files and they open in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with Bridge. Still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double click on a RAW file or use Bridge to open it that image file most first go through Adobe Camera RAW and you make no mention of this. So you are not opening RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is true that I did not mention it but I thought it was obvious that if

you open a raw file it opens in camera raw. Yes I am opening raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge, right click on one of the Raw files > develop settings > clear settings. Any change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did clear settings in bridge but it still did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

donnableser wrote:

It is true that I did not mention it but I thought it was obvious that if

you open a raw file it opens in camera raw. Yes I am opening raw files.

Well it wasn't obvious because ACR is where you do all the adjustment to a RAW file before it loads into PS.

And what adjustments are you applying in ACR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 5:51 AM Just Shoot Me <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you resetting ACR back to it's defaults after opening from within Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

difficult one as your other camera is working. The two cameras do have different ACR requirements so maybe there is a bug in the latest ACR that just effects the 60D. I would suggest downgrading camera raw.

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

The latest ACR is 9.8.0.692 so maybe try ACR 9.5.1 or even ACR 9.1.1. Both support your two cameras , but if the problem persists you can still easily reinstall ACR 9.8.0.692

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:26 AM Terri Stevens <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna the software on this forum doesn't work well with cell phones. To be sure of having your messages seen it's best to use a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If rolling back doesn't work, screen shots of the problematic images would be very helpful.

You might also go through all the Camera Raw setting to make sure they are all truly set to the defaults. In particular, the basic, tone curve, and camera calibration tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few of your replies only contain a brief email transcript. Replying via email doesn't always work, so please try responding again directly in the forums. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to "Camera Calibration" which is located in the "Camera Raw" panel within Photoshop.

Then change the Adobe Standard setting which is located under "Camera Profile" in there choose Camera Standard.Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 13.12.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines