• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC catalog on LR 5

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have cc subscyption but now i dont. I have my old LR 5 on cd.

When installed, i Cant open lr catalog as its not backward compatibile. So what to do to use it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Your CC catalog cannot be used in LR 5.

You could launch LR CC, write all metadata to XMP, and then import the photos into LR 5. There are some edits that will not transfer this way (edits involving new features in Lightroom CC), and many other items that will not transfer this way (collections, virtual copies, flags, edit history, books, slideshows, web pages, and probably a few other things).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your CC catalog cannot be used in LR 5.

You could launch LR CC, write all metadata to XMP, and then import the photos into LR 5. There are some edits that will not transfer this way (edits involving new features in Lightroom CC), and many other items that will not transfer this way (collections, virtual copies, flags, edit history, books, slideshows, web pages, and probably a few other things).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But flags and other thins are the more important. Anyway how can I lounch CC as I dont have it anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still have Lightroom CC on your computer, you can launch Lightroom CC.

As far as I know, flags and the other items I mentioned cannot be transferred via XMP.

You could purchase Lightroom 6 and use the Lightroom CC 2015 catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines