Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 13 Not Launching after windows rebuild

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just had to rebuild windows from scratch. Formated the drive and everything. After putting all the important

stuff back on such as net framework, directx, C destributables, quicktime, flash and Java 7.  I installed Premiere Elements 13

and it fails to launch. Remember this is a fresh windows,

The antivirus (BitDefender) is now fully updated, I found and old thread on this topic and worked through it but nothing

resolved it.

So I am left with it crashing during launch every single time. Could someone suggest a way to fix this please?

Thanks

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Might help to know which Windows version you've installed -- as well as what processor you have, how much RAM and how much free space is on your hard drive. It might also be valuable to know what graphics card you have.

Also, is your computer a brand name (HP, Dell, Compaq)? If so, you should go to that manufacturer's support site and install its hardware drivers.

You should also install Quicktime 7, per the program's requirements and you should go to your GPU manufacturer's site for the latest d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might help to know which Windows version you've installed -- as well as what processor you have, how much RAM and how much free space is on your hard drive. It might also be valuable to know what graphics card you have.

Also, is your computer a brand name (HP, Dell, Compaq)? If so, you should go to that manufacturer's support site and install its hardware drivers.

You should also install Quicktime 7, per the program's requirements and you should go to your GPU manufacturer's site for the latest driver for your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

[SOLVED]

Thanks for that. Most of those were installed, but the video driver was the previous version than the latest.

Putting the latest Nvidia 760 GTX on it (on Windows 7 Pro system) solved the problem.

Thank you Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines