• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate Export not rendering every frame (stutters)

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an image of a building using mainly the pencil tool. By duplicating the frame and removing 'artifacts' I create an animation of the deconstruction of the building. Reversing the frames creates the illusion of the construction of the building. Exporting  the 'construction' sequence to an animated gif renders the sequence with each frame showing correct content and the building appearing on screen. HOWEVER, when exporting to .mov the resultant file seems to cluster frames and the content of perhaps 10 frames appear after a long pause; and there is  a long pause in the .mov where nothing happens. I reversed the frames back to the original 'deconstruction' sequence and exported and the result was even worse. The building appeared on screen and then dissapeared in one frame. HELP, this is of course urgent:)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Can you open the .mov with Quicktime? If you can, how does it run? Once open try the Movie Inspector in QT and see what your data rate and compression are.

When you export to video are you changing the image size or the frame rate of the file? How large is the Animate file? How many frames, image size and frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be a couple of different problems. The export may have run correctly but the playback looks bad because the data rate is too high. There is too much information for the video player to keep up. Or the export method that you selected is using a compression method that doesn't work well with your content.

Are you using Adobe Media Encoder to create the video file? If so, what are the settings for your output file? If you open the .mov that you created, can you single frame through the file to see if all of the content is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob.

Thanks for the response. I have been exporting straight to .mov without using AME. I just went to use the encoder and it isn't working; fails with an error message on start up (had the same thing with Photoshop a couple of days ago). I've loaded both Animate and AME on another machine. The export is still bad creating the .mov. I tried to load the .mov into AME and got an error message saying that the source file did not have any 'importable streams'.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the .mov with Quicktime? If you can, how does it run? Once open try the Movie Inspector in QT and see what your data rate and compression are.

When you export to video are you changing the image size or the frame rate of the file? How large is the Animate file? How many frames, image size and frame rate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob

Thanks for mentioning the Movie Inspector; I didn't know about that. If I step through a frame at a time there appears to be the correct artifacts in the sequence. Looks like is might be my rubbish video graphics card can't handle the data rate which was 370mbits. Frame rates were correct and the file was 225Mb. Looks like I might need to do a hardware upgrade.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that sort of sorts it out. That doesn't explain why Media Encoder won't accept the file. You should be able to encode your .mov to use a compressor that will give you a data rate that works well for your intended use.

In any case, I'm glad that you have a file that you can use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines