• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Failure: "Failed to find a place" error message

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import photos into Lightroom (version 6) that are currently stored on my Apple computer's desktop.  I keep getting an error message which states: "Failed to find place for the imported photo."  Why is this happening and how can I correct this problem?

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably means it can't find the Destination folder for some reason; please try a different Destination folder, one that you know is available and on a connected drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. But i don't believe that is correct.  I successfully imported several photos into the same destination folder from my desktop yesterday.  After importing 6 photos successfully, it suddenly stopped importing and gave me the "can't find" error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the drive connected with the destination folder connected? How do you know? is it possible the drive accidentally got disconnected, or that the connection was loose and for whatever reason failed at that time?

After importing 6 photos successfully, it suddenly stopped importing and gave me the "can't find" error message.

Does this mean that in the middle of an import larger than 6 photos, the import stopped? Or does this mean you imported 6 photos and later tried again with new photos and you got this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was importing photos one at a time all into the same destination folder.  After importing 6-7 photos successfully, I received the error message on the next photo which I was trying to import into the same destination folder.  I tried importing that photo into a different destination folder, but again unsuccessfully. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please answer my other questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines