Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink works in InDesign, but not in exported PDF

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a twofer.

1)  I have a hyperlink that will take the user to an informative online video. When I check in the hyperlink panel the link is a green light, no problems. I click the green light and get whisked right to the functioning webpage. However, once I export the interactive PDF and test the link, I keep getting a a page that says the content is expired or timed out. However, if I go right back to the InDesign document, the link and online video are fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this? All the other hyperlinks are working fine from both InDesign and PDF.

2)  The images in the exported PDF look like crap. I have adjusted resolution, checked the original images, etc and everything is fine, but the exported images look bad. I have tried exporting multiple times with different settings, and the attached images are as good as it gets. I have tried just exporting as an epub and the images look great, but the hyperlinks that are telephone numbers don't work at all that way. If there is a setting I can use for the epub that makes all the hyperlinks work, I would like to use that, but if I have to use a pdf, what do i need to do to get the images to look better?

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.32.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.31.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-13 at 4.31.45 PM.png

Thanks everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specifically are all your PDF export settings? What Acrobat version compatibility? What color model? What PPI and compression setting?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if the compression is set to low quality. Try at least medium or high quality. For an online PDF, I would go no lower than 110 ppi for onscreen clarity of detail.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign are you working with? What OS?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, how are you viewing the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response.

I am using the Interactive PDF when I export, here are screenshots of the settings.

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.43.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.43.41 AM.png

Here is my OS and Indesign settings

Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.44.00 AM.png

And I am viewing the PDF through Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could there be an object like a movie or button or something that is over the hyperlink. That can cause a problem when exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, no videos are included in the document itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would it be possible to post the ID document and the PDF. You can strip out any sensitive information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines