This content has been marked as final. Show 12 replies
I am having the same problem i.e. getting the same error except I have been connecting to my sites and uploading changes for months however just this past week I have been unable to connect to two of my sites and get that same error message. Seems weird that the FTP function worked for so long then one day out of the blue DW tells me I cannot connect. Someone please help since Adobe blew me off.
Thanks for your note.
Yours is the first comment on this topic since I posted it 5 days ago.......
Nobody; moderator, senior member or otherwise had any interest in
commenting....We are apparently on our own sir!
Best of luck with solving it on your site.
I have the same problem suddenly. I cannot find a solution
Thanks for your note also....Now we are three!
I am reposting this as a new subject one more time to see if anyone can help.
I found another thread about this same problem. The original author of that thread concluded with, "I figured it out and got it working again, thanks"......I replied and even sent a private message asking how exactly but have not gotten a response. Maybe you guys can try as well. The thread is called
Well, I think I solved this particular problem....
When I expanded view to include remote site I saw
a heading at the top that said "Testing Server". Poking around
on the tool bar above I found a button that changed the view:
Check this out:
I don't know what it all means but I was able to connect to
remote site and load this solution page.
Let me know how things work out for you!
Here's something else that I noticed:
My expanded view kept defaulting back to "Testing Server" mode
when I switched from document to site view. I did a little Googling
and found that if I don't use a Testing Server (or know what it is for
that matter!!) I should put "None" in the applicable boxes.
I did that and it seems to have stopped the switching and as an added
bonus it made my preview/debugger button work correctly.
Here is link to settings page:
Hope you folks have some success also!
My problem was resolved by re-entering all the data of the site and using a new password.
Thanks for your input.
I tried that without success before...
We had different issues.
Congrats on repair!
I found my solution yesterday as well. I finally contacted my host and they made a change to my FTP Host......all without informing me. I still have the problem with one more site but hopefully a call to that host will resolve the problem.
All right Gents,
See ya next time!