• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe User Groups - are they still a thing?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Adobe product-oriented User Groups in various localities around the world still exist?

On a whim, I decided to look them up, only for the Adobe site to show the worldwide directory of User Groups for no more than a split second before diverting my web browser to the Adobe home page. Does this mean Adobe has shut them down?

Just wondering.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you / your group location / group name?

Unfortunately, the worldwide (groups.adobe.com) directory page is no longer active.

Adobe User Groups are alive and well. 

Some of the links online have been consolidated to give communities a more unified resource.  User group managers are actively trying to put events into the Community Events pages.  The conversion will take a little time, but it can be an active reminder for everyone. Note: Groups without notable user/community support have been rotated out of an official list for now.

Ko

User group member / Hollywood CA

In Los Angeles? Come hang out.

Here are some snaps from our last meetup ~ October 2016

Twitter: @dmala

dmala_OCT16.jpgdmala_OCT16_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are still a thing! Check out meetup.com and facebook. We have a fabulous group in Denver... Denver Adobe Creative Cloud User Group ( I know, it's a mouthful!) Feel free to join us on Facebook... Denver Creative Cloud Users Group | Facebook

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you go to the welcome page on Adobe Forums and scrolll down or look under More Resources on any of the key product forum pages, you will find the current WW User Group Directory link under Find a User Group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trica,

Can I ask why there is no mention of the Hawaii Flash User Group in the page:

http://www.adobe.com/communities/user-groups.html#na ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I've sent your question to the User Group team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Trica!

You can find the group's site on Meetup:

https://www.meetup.com/hawaiiflash/

I am also re creating the main web site:

http://hawaiiflash.net

Thanks so much!

Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I'll have your group added at the next update - or would you like to wait until the website is up?

Let me know if this is correct:

Hawaii Flash User Group
City: Honolulu

Primary site: http://hawaiiflash.net

Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/hawaiiflash/

Thanks!

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Jennifer,

Thanks so much!

Yes, the information is correct, and thanks for adding me to the next update!

I am still working on the main site, but I put the blog up for now. If you go to the main site, it will re-direct you to the blog:

http://hawaiiflash.net/blog

Can I ask is Adobe still planning to re-create the groups site on adobe.com?

Also, should I rename the site to Animate instead of Flash? I have been asking myself this for a while now.

Mahalo,

Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha,

Is there a page to go to for User Group managers to connect with each other for questions? I know there is the Adobe Communities, and the events calendar, and the lounge. Where is the forum for the Adobe User Group Program?

Okay, I know that this is the wrong place for this, but I did a search for "User Groups" and I was only shown "Community Events" Is there no longer a forum for Adobe User Groups?

I am looking for advice on if I should change the name of my User Group from the Hawaii Flash User Group to something like Hawaii Animate, or something else to reflect the new Animate name. Yes, this should have been done awhile ago!

We have talks on AS3, Flex, Flash, Animation, Starling, and of course the new Animate CC.

Also, I am thinking about planning a new Adobe Camp to celebrate Adobe Animate CC 2017!

Thank You,

Johnny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just used the User Group Directory page. Apparently there are no user groups of any type whatsoever in London, UK. I know we're just a provincial city in northern Europe but I would have expected at least one UG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our User Group in Armenia also have meeting, connects and we organize competitions yearly 

AUG Armenia / Adobe User Group in Armenia

http://augam.businesscatalyst.com
http://bcarmenia.businesscatalyst.com

Adobe Portfolio: augam.myportfolio.com

Twitter: @augarmenia

Behance: http://be.net/augarmenia

I think we can use connect for User Groups regularly to share our thought and ideas. What you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hit me up if you need any Connect training!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are going stronger then ever. There are several user groups in Los Angeles. The user group I organize is the LA Web Professionals Group.

Daniel Kramer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will say that the Adobe user groups program is very strong today as well! I run the Adobe AIR developers user group and we had our first meeting with about 20 people showing up. Before this I ran the Hawaii animate user group and before that the Hawaii flash user group. This is been going on  since 2007.

I do wish that Adobe would have re-created the groups.adobe.com I use meet up like many others do these days. It would be great if there was a place on the Adobe.com website for the user groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines