• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incomplete Interface for Win10 beta?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the tutorial videos und downloaded the example files - but when i open the program I don't get that Startscreen - straight to the blank canvas.
And the Layers-Palette doesn't appear anywhere...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Hi,

First of all, thanks for using XD for Windows 10! The current release of XD for Windows includes core design and prototyping features and will be updated every month with additional features. Eventually the core feature set across both Windows and Mac versions will be consistent, so expect to get the Start Screen experience and the Layers panel soon.

A believe that you might have watched a tutorial for the Mac version, so here's the tutorial showcasing the current available features for XD on

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows build (updated monthly) is one or two iterations behind the Mac build.  Just FYI.

I believe if they haven't already noted the differences, the help documentation should note the delta soon.

Windows support for Adobe XD

Best,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First of all, thanks for using XD for Windows 10! The current release of XD for Windows includes core design and prototyping features and will be updated every month with additional features. Eventually the core feature set across both Windows and Mac versions will be consistent, so expect to get the Start Screen experience and the Layers panel soon.

A believe that you might have watched a tutorial for the Mac version, so here's the tutorial showcasing the current available features for XD on Windows 10:

Adobe XD design app for Windows 10 | Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) tutorials

Thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This XD version should be named 0.0.0.0.1 Alpha. C'mon now... Shipping a version without a basic menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Adobe, but I expected more from an official Beta - couple of minor unfixed issues - but these are major parts which are missing to get a good first impression. I hope you catch up soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, claudial22262864-

Totally understand. It would help us if you could go to https://adobexd.uservoice.com, search for "Windows," and upvote the items that you think are the most important for your workflow. You'll also get notified when they make it into the product. We're working hard towards bringing our UWP app to parity, as we shared in our blog post in December. Adobe Experience Design CC (Beta) now available on Windows 10 | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, FelipeChalreo​-

Actually, there are plenty of menus. We're following the new UWP design language, which means that we have a hamburger menu in the upper left hand corner instead of a menu across the top of the screen. You should also check out the context menu (right click) to see what commands we put there as well.

Happy exploring!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm testing now and it's pretty good. The integration with UWP it's perfect and fluid... Believe as a C# developer it's hard to see some good stuff these days. But the top menu bar is yet missing, but I believe you guys will fix this soon. At least it's too simple to use XD, really simple, I have less experience with UX/UI Design and don't found any issue for learning and do whatever I like. But the Top Menu, and Preferences and Load UI Kit's it's still missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey efsn-

The top menu bar is something that we've eliminated to follow with UWP design guidelines. You can find the file-based and application-based commands you're looking for in the hamburger menu (top left in the UI), and the object-level commands in the context menu (right click). We currently don't have Preferences, and UI kits are coming soon (from the hamburger menu).

Hope that helps clarify things!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines