• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Template Question?

Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to keep the file name of the template?  RIght now if i open Test.indt it opens as untitled.indd.  Is there a way to make it open as test.indd?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Hi,

If doc has a name --> means it was saved somewhere, right?

Assuming you are openning a template by script - the name is known, right?

Create a File with a desired filePath + name + .indd and save your doc to this file using

aDoc.save(aFile) method.

Jarek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If doc has a name --> means it was saved somewhere, right?

Assuming you are openning a template by script - the name is known, right?

Create a File with a desired filePath + name + .indd and save your doc to this file using

aDoc.save(aFile) method.

Jarek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now if i save a file called File.indd  WHen i open it it says FIle.indd and if i Save File.indt it opens as untitled.indd

What i'm trying to do is work from my templates.  So if i want to open the Indesign Template "Test.indt" by double clicking or file/open (Not by script) the file that opens is "untitled.indd.  I want it to retain the name of the Template and open as Test.indd . The indesign Templates are saved in a different place than the indd files.  I dont mind pointing the indd file to a certain location.  Because we work with so many files in different places i dont think the file path will be necessary.  I'm not wanting it to save when opened just retain the File name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines