• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent copy and paste not working

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to secure a pdf from being able to copy and paste. As in, you can make the selection in the security settings and save the document, and the settings are just totally ignored. This is in an enterprise environment using Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 and affects machines running Windows 7 and Windows 10. The kicker is, it works in our virtual environment running Windows 7. I have taken several documents that function as expected in the virtual environment and tried them on physical machines just to rule out an issue with the document itself. We are not running any type of group policy for Adobe Acrobat Pro 11. I verified this in both physical and virtual environments. I know I have missed something, somewhere. I have a feeling the problem lies with some sort of group policy setting but haven't a clue which one. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

badfishtoo wrote:

I am unable to secure a pdf from being able to copy and paste. As in, you can make the selection in the security settings and save the document, and the settings are just totally ignored. ...

How did you check this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took the test document and opened it in the virtual environment. Attempted to copy text, but the option to copy is grayed out. Which is the expected behavior. Took the same document and opened on a physical machine, right click, copy and it allows copying the text and then pasting in to notepad, word, outlook, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Acrobat Reader or Adobe Acrobat on the physical machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see under security in the document properties?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Security method > Password Security

Can be opened by: Acrobat 7.0 and later

Printing: Allowed

Changing the document: Not allowed

Document Assembly: Not allowed

Content Copying: Not Allowed

Content Copying for Accessibility: Allowed

Page Extraction: Not Allowed

Commenting: Allowed

Filling of form fields: Allowed

Signing: Allowed

Creation of Template Pages: Not Allowed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Acrobat can't copy the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is where the problem lies. I can indeed copy and paste text. On physical machines. I can open that same document in our virtual environment and it works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share one document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines