• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black and slow preview on Composition

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i've an issue on After Effects CC 2017.

After i close the project for the first time and open it again when i start the preview i see all my composition black, and the rendering previews doesn't work properly anymore.

Is not a large project, i used 4-5 videos and i used only "timewarp" effect.

I can't resolve this problem, i need to work with after effects, i can't do it with black preview always...

i can't see ANYTHING except BLACK, and this happen only when i re-open the project.

This problem was the same on CC 2015

I tried:

-Disable all effects on videos

-Magnification zoom fit 100%

-Change preview quality

-Update GPU drivers

System info:

- Windows 10

- AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz

- Sapphire Radeon R9 285 Dual X

- RAM 8GB x 2 @ 1866MHz

Pls help me, i don't know what to do...

06c0b-c74c2c1e-1f81-4134-b998-8a8ddd4bb2ac.png

Eydg9f0.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't see ANYTHING except BLACK, and this happen only when i re-open the project.

let's try to isolate this problem. if you open a fresh project with a new composition and create some layers like solid, text and shapes - does it appear black too? how about importing a video file other than the ones you have in this project which .Avi which is an unpopular video that is usually related to a exporting mistake and seem suspiciously related to your problem - where are those files from? give us more information and we might be able to help you. this may be a codec problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roei Tzoref ha scritto:

if you open a fresh project with a new composition and create some layers like solid, text and shapes - does it appear black too? 

When i create new solid layer when i press "ok" my GPU crashes with After effects...

Never happened!

I tried to reinstall my GPU drivers but same problem, crash when i create solid layer.

No, it works fine.

how about importing a video file other than the ones you have in this project which .Avi which is an unpopular video that is usually related to a exporting mistake and seem suspiciously related to your problem

I tried to import an mp4 file, i put it on the composition, but when i try to preview won't work and is blocked, but if i drag the time indicator i can see something on preview, only if i drag obviously... if i stop drag it stop.

where are those files from? give us more information and we might be able to help you. this may be a codec problem.

The videos come from a game that called AVA (Alliance of valiant arms) and i can record inside the game, when i stop he generate an AVI file that i'm using in my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like a codec problem. I am guessings videos play fine in VLC player... Make sure you have quicktime installed (just the essential components) and try a different video file. Download a youtube video using a free online youtube downloader like keepvid or something. Record you screen using other export settings. You can also convert your videos using VLC player. If you have a codec pack installed then try to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hokorita,

Have you solved this problem yet? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines